1.12 packs not reliably granting advancements

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Duo

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having a problem with multiple FTB 1.12 packs over multiple months (over a year now?), DW20, Ultimate Reloaded, and now Revelation.

I run a dedicated server from OVH, java 8 (now 8u232), java 8 on my PC. It is an OVH Soyoustart game server, with their anti DDoS settings, but according to the admin panel, that is only supposed to apply to UDP traffic.

Advancements intermittently don't grant to me and another friend on the server. Everyone else seems fine, including my wife who plays in the same house on the same internet as me. If it starts happening and I log into the server as op and start using commands to give advancements it still doesn't give to the player. Sometimes logging out/in will fix it, sometimes logging out/in and then re-doing the advancement requirement works. Sometimes, nothing works (to the point that I never could play the twilight forest through on the last pack).

This includes very basic vanilla advancements like mining obsidian, or breeding animals.
Between Ultimate Reloaded and now, I've formatted my PC, reinstalled Win 10, reinstalled Java, and FTB, keeping nothing.

Firewall allows 25565 on the server, TCP and UDP to be safe. Nothing blocked on my network here. (again, my wife doesn't have the issue). Allowed java through the Windows firewall via the popup that comes up the first time you run minecraft.

I have tried. Switching between openjdk and oracle JRE, changing the server arguments from g1gc to the string that is provided with the FTB packs, deleting my uuid file in /world/advancements (which worked for maybe 15 minutes), and disabling the server's firewall entirely.

Just as intermittently, I have seen this ( https://pastebin.com/tp4jakwn ) error come up in the console & log when I've done something to trigger an advancement that doesn't work. But the error doesn't always happen. (I've seen it with planting a seed & breeding a cow, but also done both of those things with no advancement and no error)