fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Wayward Souls
Current Version: 0.0.7
Minecraft Version: 1.1.12
Modpack Author: Alnarra
Issues: https://github.com/fullphaser/WaySouls/issues
Discord: https://discord.gg/hZp7sfh

They say in a more ancient time that there were great and powerful spirits that guided the path of those who walked the square world. That there was a time when the very essence of magic is what controlled the living and the damned. Allow me to be your guide on an adventure to control the very nature of magic itself! We will walk amongst the stars and the depths of all the realms of hell. No land is without our touch! Join me as my apprentice as I teach you... the ways of magic

Wayward Souls is a light Modpack with a focus on teaching newer and younger players the various ways to progress through a number of popular magical mods. The intention is to provide the player with a simple and understandable aesthetic that isn't too cluttered with overlap between the various mods and ensures relative stability and compatibility while trying to also ensure that the various component mods remain up to date in coordination with mod authors.

Inspired by Mage Quest and Minecraft Mage, the idea is to try and leave AS MUCH of the core Minecraft philosophy intact while adding new layers of adventure and difficulty. To help the player along a quest book (Provided through the Better Questing series of mods) is also provided.

FTB Launcher Pack Code: waysoul
Issue Tracker: https://github.com/fullphaser/WaySouls/issues
Curse Link: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/wayward-souls

Pack Mods
### Core Mods
- Abyssal Craft
- Astral Sorcery
- Blood Magic
- Botania
- Embers
- Immersive Engineering
- Roots
- Thaumcraft
- Nature's Aura
### Library Mods
- MTLib
- Chameleon
- Baubles
- AutoRegLib
- GuideAPI
- Forgelin
- libex
- Reborn Core
### Helper Mods
- Waystones
- Storage Drawers
- Rustic
- Ruins Spawning System
- Roguelike Dungeons
- Quark
- Gravestone Mob
- FastLeafDecay
- Backpacks
- Chisel
- Nature's Compass
- Resurrect Complex
- Battletowers
- NetherEx
- Cooking for Blockheads
- Pam's Harvestcraft
- Animania
- EnderZoo
- Reliquery
- Totemic
- Realbench
- Nutrition
- Iron Backpacks
- Soot
- Millénaire
- Akashic Tome
- Just Sleep
- Comforts
### UI Mods
- Waila
- Waila Harvestability
- Just Enough Items
- Just Enough Resouces
- More Overlays
- JourneyMap
- Dynamic Surroundings
- Applieskin
- Better Foliage
- ThaumicJEI
- Mouse Tweaks
- Clumps
- RPG Hud
- FoamFix
### Mod Pack Related
- Resource Loader
- Open Eye
- FTBLib
- FTBUtilities
- CustomMainMenu
- Better Questing
- Standard Expansion
- Better Questing - Quest Book
- CraftTweaker2
- Morpheus
- ModTweaker
- Loottweaker
- AbyssalCraft Integration

ChangeLog - https://github.com/fullphaser/WaySouls/tree/master/.minecraft#changelog

Last edited:

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Gonna jump in a have a quick gander now expect some sort of feed back soon..

Okay first impressions are its a fast-ish loading pack due to its small size, the biomes are very lush & colorful, small buildings dotted about make exploring interesting at start, the only down side to this the complete opposite that are the dark biomes.

There are couple of magic mods that don't hold a lot of interest for me (personally) & one I dislike, botania is a great addition & help lush colorful environment, IE is a nice choice as a tec mod as it not the ultra easy setup & forget type.

That is about as far as I got last night jump in make a world explore it to find a spot to call home, failed after hour of running about aimlessly in dense forests & huge deserts so I restarted & found a nice clear spot near a village/desert/dark stone that I could make a themed type base (castle keep with rickety mage tower) & become lord of all I see before me, etc, etc.

The pack is environmentally vibrant, with dungeon mods worth exploring, & would make great multi-player/server pack, for me (mho) it would get boring fast solo as I would have done most all I needed to do inside a week, you need a reason to make the ubber armor sets, the addition of questing system would maybe help with that, I don't have all that answers just what I noticed on a quick run.

A solid pack that needs a little work to make it stand out from the crowd, & that could be a blast with friends to team with or maybe even murder :).

As always respect for the time & work put in to this project, PS: its nice to see a 1.12 pack that's not yet another allthemods kitchen sink pack !!!

Last edited:

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to version 0.0.3

Changelog:
Version 0.0.3
Forge updated to 14.23.3.2655
Config Changes
- Lowered Overall Fire / Ice structuer spawn chance
- Made the world more resilliant to Shoggoth's
- Made Ooze a little less tainty
- Turned off Dynamic Surroundings overlays, more overlays does it better
- Made Infernal Mobs slightly less annoying
- turned off bee generation on the Pam's side
- Told Battletowers to cool it out on generation of structures
- Player now starts with a simple quest book

Updated All mods to their most recent builds

Mods Added
Core
- Thaumcraft 6 [Because DUH]

Library
- BASE

Helper
- Resurect Complex
- Battletowers
- NetherEx
- Cooking for Blockheads
- Pam's Harvestcraft
- Animania
- Ice and Fire
- Infernal Mobs

UI
- Mouse Tweaks
- Clumps
- RPG Hud
- FoamFix

Modpack Related

- Better Questing
- Standard Expansion
- Better Questing - Quest Book
- Morpheus
- ModTweaker

Mods Removed

Core
- Wizardry (Feels incomplete)

Library
- AppleCore (Would only be needed if I wanted to futz with food values and I don't)
- Malisis Core

Helper
- Backpacks
- Malisis Door
- Malisis Blocks
- Openblocks Elevator
- Simple Camp Fire
- Elevators

Questing
By making use of Better questing the first chapter for the modpack has been added including almost 40 quest to help the player on the path to exploring all of the game's core mods.

Last edited:

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to Version 0.0.4
Changelog:
Version 0.0.4

Forge Updated to 14.23.4.2705

Config Changes

- Shoggoths are no longer allowed to spawn outside of their little lairs
- Told immersive egineering excavators not to mine up immersive engineering ores because I think they're ugly
- Turned Harvestcraft bee's back on
- Told Chisel to turn off it's overwold Basalt Generation
- Turned Waystone XP requirement back on

Mods Added

Core
- Blood Magic
- Reliquery

Library
- GuideAPI

Helper
- Nature's compass
UI
- Thaumic JEI
Thaumic JEI seems obvious in retrospect

Mods Updated

Core
-Thaumcraft
-Astral Sorcery
Library
-MTLib
-FTBLib
-CTM
-Base
Helper
-Quark
-Iron Backpacks
-Cooking for Blockheads
UI
-JEI
-Hwyla
-Foamfix (now Lawful)
-Dyanmic Surroundings
Modpack Related
-FTBUtillities
-Standard Expansion
-Better questing
Mods Removed
Library
-LLibrary
Helper
-Ice and Fire

Ice and Fire / LLibrary were both demonstrating unwanted behaviors, in addition while they added fauna to the game, they didn't integrate as well as I would have ilked with the overall nature of the game.

Questing
-Fixed a key quest to allow players to progress through the main quest chain
-Added a number of other quest in a new chapter called advance, to help walk the players through growing netherwart, chest, and the like.

Scripting
- The rustic bees now have a southern twang to them to make them easier to identify
- Added Basalt variations to Chisel so you can switch back and forth if you so desire.

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to Version 0.0.5
Changelog - https://github.com/fullphaser/WaySouls/tree/master/.minecraft#version-005

This patch is intended to clean up a lot of the useless underground / ore clutter that was taking place. I noticed that a lot of the ores either utterly didn't serve a purpose, or that they were one off ores that had a single recipie. I've put a lot heavier emphasis on silver as a result. In addition I've added some baseline quest to help players get started on a number of quest.

Infernal mobs was proving during playtesting to be iincredibly frustrating and there was no way I could make use of it without some form of griefing or simply feeling like in the early stages the player would be left hiding for their lives. This behavior was not intended. The Khndrel Keght (Dirt slime) was also removed as it felt like a silly punishment for using a non shovel to clear dirt

With rustic lacking support for Modtweaker in regards to alchemy, it is difficult to clean up the bee issue, and so the "Southern" bees need remain. Embers and Abyssalcraft's lack of support also leaves a few stray recipies here and there.

Totemic has been added as a small support mod because I believe it fit the theme, and realbench is a QoL improvement. Nutrtion is intended to help reward the player

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.0.6
Description
This patch is intended to clean up a lot of the chest that were left laying around the world so that there is more consistency among loot (Copper / Tin / etc.) in addition I wanted to make sure each core mod added a bit to the overall loot table to accomodate this chest.zs has been created and the Loottweaker mod installed. In addition it appears I was totally incorrect about Rustic not having support for the condenser, as such we now only have one type of bee in the world and the "Southern" bee has been removed.

The metals have been singled down to a single mod, legacy recipies have been left in place in the event one needs to transition from one to another. (eg immersive engineering copper plates no longer count as copper plates; however, they have a recipie that can convert them directly to ember's copper plates).

Plates have been balanced (including thaumcraft plates) requiring at minimum that you have a hammer from either immersive engineering or embers. In addition Totemic's whittling knife, because of it's ability to craft a small range beacon has had it's recipie reworked to require interacting with the other mods in the pack.

Modpack Core
- Updated to Forge vs Version 14.23.5.2768

Config Changes
- Loading screen made a little more calming
- Turned off rustic bee generation
- Changing loot configuration for Ressurect Complex structures to better reflect loot from the modpack and encourage exploration.
- updated Battletowers loot
- Turned off tin, Uranium, nickel, and few other chisel patterns that weren't relevant to help cut down on texture load times
- turned off limestone generation (Quark already does it).

Mod's Added
Library

-Forgelin
-Libex

Helper

- Soot

Modpack

- Loottweaker
- Abyssalcraft Intergration

Mod's Updated
Core

- Abyssalcraft
- Blood Magic
- Astral Sorcery
- Thaumcraft
- Immersive Engineering
- Botania

Library

- Connected Textures Mod
- FTB Lib
- AutoRegLib
- GuideAPI

Helper

- Storage Drawers
- Rustic
- Animania
- Battletowers
- Chisel
- Cooking for Blockheads
- Gravestone Mob
- NetherEx
- Quark
- Reliquery
- Totemic
- Rustic
- Waystones

UI

- Clumps
- JEI
- Just enough Resources
- Better Foliage
- Dynamic Surroundings
- More Overlays
- Mouse Tweaks
- ThaumicJEI

Modpack

- Crafttweaker
- Better Questing
- Standard Expansion
- FTB Utilies
- ModTweaker

Mod's Removed
Questing

-Altered Ember's copper quest to now focus on lead instead (Also introducing the hammer).
-Added a Totemic Questline
-The simplicity of farming now accepts any fruit tree

Scripting
- Removed the renaming of the rustic bees and simply made it so Harvescraft bee related items would work
- Unified metal ingots / blocks / Nuggets / Plates so that all machines only produce one type
- Crusher has chance to make copper instead of nickel with Iron ore.
- Nickel removed in it's entirety (If you have any left feel free to throw it away)
- Fixed loot generation so that there isn't such a wide variety of metals in the chest.
- Balanced all plates in the game to require a hammer and a single ingot (or a stamper / metal press).
- Vaccum tube recipie corrected to use silver instead of nickel

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Patch 0.0.7
Description
This particular update is intended to take a more serious look at the quest book and some of the more problematic mods including totemic, abyssalcraft, and roots. The truth is that I wanted to tackle each of these but they all present their own unique difficulties whent it comes to quest surrounding them. As such I've tuned back the modification made to Totemic's central element opting to leave the mod intact. In addition this will begin to work on the abyssalcraft quest line. I will not touch the roots quest line until the newer version of the mod is published.

In addition to that, I will be working to try and include "Out of Character" information for each and every quest. This can include a number of things including why the quest exist in the first place, or how to accomplish the quest (as some can be more difficult to understand then others). I'm MOSTLY settled on the mods that are in place and feel comfortable simply updating them.

As development will now be handled through the twitch interface, you can assume that all mods are updated as updates become available.

This will be created as a new branch of the Github repo to help separate it.

Mods Added:
Core Mods

- Nature's Aura

Library

- Patchouli

Helper Mods

- Millénaire
- Akashic Tome

Mods Updated
Library

-Forgelin

Helper Mods

- Ruins
- Nutrition
- Animania

UI

- Journemyap
- JEI

Modpack

• CraftTweaker2
  • BetterQuesting
  • FTBLib
  • FTBUtils
Mods Removed:
Quest:

- Added Questline for Nature's Aura
- Quest:
- "The Ultimate Compass" now retrieval vs crafting (Fixes Issue#1)
- "Let the ritual...begin" now retrieval vs crafting (Fixes Issue#1)
- "The man with the Golden Ticket" Now correctly associated with Golden Bone Hoe
- Some quest are receiving additional information to help clarify, this process will continue for the next several patches
- Added a quest for Animania's book as well as Akashik Tome

Configuration
- Animania told not to spawn bee hives
- AbyssalCraft no longer spawns demons when a new world starts up, that seemed rude
- Nature's aura told not to cause random explosions (Don't )

Scripting
- Animania Hive recipe altered to use Harvestcraft queen bee rather then wild hive

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.1.1 Is now available

Full changelog Here: https://github.com/Alnarra/WaySouls#description-1

Description
This is a hotfix to correct for the manifest file being incorrect in the twitch launcher, in addition, Embers was updated to it's the hotfix version to correct for an issue with the server side of this modpack crashing

Patch 0.1.0

Description
This patch will be addressing a number of small issues that are detected with the various quest throughout the book, attempting to squash bugs and adjust rewards as needed. In addition, this will also focus on working more towards some server friendly changes (Hence Bed Rolls being removed in favor of comforts / etc.). At this point I am almost 100% set on the mods in place and more than happy with the overall weight and structure of the mod-pack, this simply becomes a polishing matter at this point. At this point, I feel it is safe to describe the mod pack as no longer being in alpha but rather in the beta state. Note that several of the mods contained within are unfinished and thus are very much still considered beta (Thaumcraft / Nature's Aura); however, I feel that providing those mods with a pack in which to flourish topples any overarching need to hold the pack back.

Forge has been updated to compensate for requirements by comforts, and though it is not a stable release, in testing I haven't been able to produce any major bugs or issues.

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I wanted to mention i like the pack. Also i found out why some crafting quests didn't complete and that is because better questing does not recognize crafting on the Arcane Arcives crafting bench. Thus you need to use a default crafting bench or one that mimics it. This is obviously a bug, but something I noticed and wanted to spread the word when i found that out.