[1.12.2] Smallest Ore Doubling Mod?

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
The main mods in my pack are Computercraft, Portal Gun, Extra Utilities, and OpenBlocks. (I'm going for mods that enhance the vanilla experience rather than completely overhauling the game.) EU has a machine called the Crusher, but it won't work on ores without another mod that adds the dust items (I presume). I was going to get Ex Nihilo, but it's still stuck on 1.7.10. What would be the smallest mod I can get that adds iron and gold dust? Preferably without any world gen.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Last edited:

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
You probably won't need it, but JAOPCA is the AOBD replacement for 1.10+, and seems to work fine. It also has support for quite a few mods, so that's quite nice.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Tony32

Jul 29, 2019
You can install a "bigger" mod like thermal expansion and just promise yourself not to use anything but the pulveriser and smelter :p

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
You can install a "bigger" mod like thermal expansion and just promise yourself not to use anything but the pulveriser and smelter :p
Considered that, but I don't want any mods that add worldgen.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/furnus?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=239336 This might be up your ally

It just adds a pulveriser and a furnace

If you're going for vanilla style, though, I have a few other mods I can recommend

Quark: Literally vanilla style additions
Hopper Ducts: Pipes
Better With Mods: An awesome vanilla-esk tech mod. It's a remake of Better With Wolves for modern versions of mc
Redstone Paste: Redstone that can go up walls
Rustic: Another nice vanilla expansion mod
Nether Chest: It's like a chest that can hold more. A nice alternative to iron chests
Familiar Fauna, Mystic World, Primative Mobs, and Elemental Creepers: All mob mods that compliment vanilla beautifully
Serene Seasons: A really cute season mod
Tough as Nails: If you're looking for a harder experience, then this adds temperature, thirst, and other mechanics that balance well with vanilla
Bullseye: More arrows
Wolf Armor and Storage: Armour on dogs is way cuter than it sounds
Charset: Not a single mod but rather a set of mods that all have really awesome utilities that balance well with vanilla
Roots: It's like a more lightweight witchery that also fits well with vanilla, (Though this one is a bit of a stretch)
Simple Ores: This adds ores which I know you said you don't want more world gen, but I'm throwing it in here anyway because it adds some nice ores which imo minecraft is lacking in anyway (The other addons for Simple Ores aren't updated yet, but when they do, snag those too.)
Enhanced Farming: adds some new crops that are really cool while not overwhelming like pams
Aether and Twilight Forest: Two dimension mods that might be a stretch for vanilla, but balance well with it anyway
Thaumcraft and Botania (I'm sure you know what those are, I've seen your tardis base tour. Awesome tour) They are also a bit of a stretch for vanilla, but also balance well with Aether, Twilight, and Vanilla

Hope these helped

Reactions: Reeeck

Reeeck

Dec 26, 2020
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/furnus?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=239336 This might be up your ally

It just adds a pulveriser and a furnace

If you're going for vanilla style, though, I have a few other mods I can recommend

Quark: Literally vanilla style additions
Hopper Ducts: Pipes
Better With Mods: An awesome vanilla-esk tech mod. It's a remake of Better With Wolves for modern versions of mc
Redstone Paste: Redstone that can go up walls
Rustic: Another nice vanilla expansion mod
Nether Chest: It's like a chest that can hold more. A nice alternative to iron chests
Familiar Fauna, Mystic World, Primative Mobs, and Elemental Creepers: All mob mods that compliment vanilla beautifully
Serene Seasons: A really cute season mod
Tough as Nails: If you're looking for a harder experience, then this adds temperature, thirst, and other mechanics that balance well with vanilla
Bullseye: More arrows
Wolf Armor and Storage: Armour on dogs is way cuter than it sounds
Charset: Not a single mod but rather a set of mods that all have really awesome utilities that balance well with vanilla
Roots: It's like a more lightweight witchery that also fits well with vanilla, (Though this one is a bit of a stretch)
Simple Ores: This adds ores which I know you said you don't want more world gen, but I'm throwing it in here anyway because it adds some nice ores which imo minecraft is lacking in anyway (The other addons for Simple Ores aren't updated yet, but when they do, snag those too.)
Enhanced Farming: adds some new crops that are really cool while not overwhelming like pams
Aether and Twilight Forest: Two dimension mods that might be a stretch for vanilla, but balance well with it anyway
Thaumcraft and Botania (I'm sure you know what those are, I've seen your tardis base tour. Awesome tour) They are also a bit of a stretch for vanilla, but also balance well with Aether, Twilight, and Vanilla

Hope these helped

Thanks helped me a lot :)