1.12.2 mod alternative

• Thread starter Fireworkstars46
  • Start date

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Closest that I know of to the 1st 2 is JEI. It adds that little + button next to the recipe. Click it, it will fill your crafting grid with 1 of each item from your inventory, shift click, it will fill the grid with as much as you can make up to 1 stack. Minecraft itself added a recipe book in 1.12, but I'm not sure what all it does or how it works yet. For the last one, Aromatherapy Backup seems to be the popular choice for auto-saves, but as I've never used it myself, I don't know how easy/simple it is to restore from a backup. Something else is making backups of my game (FTB Utilities, maybe?), but I don't know if there is an in game way to restore or if I just have to switch out the files manually.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
It looks like the vanilla Minecraft recipe GUI should do what you want, but is a bit glitchy with modded recipes, showing several as craftable even when you don't have the materials in your inventory, but at least you are looking at 1-2 pages of items instead of several hundred. Clicking on an item listed as craftable populates the crafting grid, just like the + button next to the recipes in JEI. There is a button in the GUI to show everything or show craftable, and the basic category tags similar to the creative menu.