[1.12.2] Factory Tech: A challenging automation-focused tech mod (October 29: 1.6)

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that sounds fun!

On another note, there's a bug causing crashes with the book. When viewing the entry about energy core stabilization (page starts with "Several things can go wrong"), clicking one page further will crash the game (not sure if client + server, or just client).

EDIT: The crash log: https://hastebin.com/ereqacugaz.cs

Seems to have been a typo in one of the text files. Fixed now.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Finding more bugs! The electroplater, even when filled with sulphuric acid and requisite parts, refuses to process ground ore chunks. I think that this has to do with the fact that there are two recipes with this same input.

2018-05-21_19.56.51.png 2018-05-21_19.58.07.png

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
You may want to update the CraftTweaker guide on your CurseForge page - you currently make no mention of the boolean for "can stone parts be used for this?"

EDIT: Also, it seems that you have the output/input items backwards in the compression chamber integration documentation - you listed "Output item, Input item, Input fluid", but actual implementation is "Input item, Output item, Input fluid".

Last edited:
Reactions: lucariomaster2

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Umm... how is the biosynthesis machine supposed to work? Currently, it'll eat one mob drop and produce an infinite amount of that mob, but only if there's another of that mob drop in the input slot.

EDIT: I'm having trouble with the mob disassembler as well. It won't seem to accept items automatically, through any means.

2018-06-03_17.14.58.png

Here I'm trying to put saw blades, batteries, and circuit 3s in with an insertion hatch, and nothing happens. The disassembler is currently empty.

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Umm... how is the biosynthesis machine supposed to work? Currently, it'll eat one mob drop and produce an infinite amount of that mob, but only if there's another of that mob drop in the input slot.

The way it's supposed to work is that each time it spawns a mob, it has a 25% chance of consuming one of the drops. There might be something weird going on - I'll have a look.

EDIT: I'm having trouble with the mob disassembler as well. It won't seem to accept items automatically, through any means.

Here I'm trying to put saw blades, batteries, and circuit 3s in with an insertion hatch, and nothing happens. The disassembler is currently empty.

Machines are side-dependent. Have you tried inserting items in through the bottom?

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
After a long development time, Factory Tech 1.5 is going through CurseForge! Because it may still have a few bugs, it's labeled as a beta but should still be playable.

Here's the changelog:
  • NEW: Redstone Pulser - give it a Redstone pulse, and it will output a number of pulses that can be specified by GUI
  • NEW: Dimensional Shifter - uses Chorus Fruit to send items to another dimension
  • NEW: Electric and Core Conversion dynamos - use Batteries and Energy Cores (respectively) to generate RF
  • NEW: Elevators - a more standard method to transport items upwards
  • NEW: JEI support for the Fluid Drill
  • CHANGE: Better parts now make machines run faster as well as lasting longer
  • CHANGE: Transport Rollers no longer move item entities directly, instead storing them in a queue
  • CHANGE: Transport Rollers are now animated
  • CHANGE: Buffed the Universal Supercharger. It now accelerates all Tile Entities not blacklisted
  • CHANGE: Streamlined the Handbook remembering what page you were on
  • CHANGE: Some more handbook entries now poke fun at a certain dragon
  • CHANGE: Parts in machines now show up with a health bar in the GUI, instead of an ugly number
  • FIX: Fixed invalid recipe for the Gold Wire Motor
  • FIX: Fixed Circuit Scribe creating etched plates out of nothing
  • FIX: Fixed Handbook crashes
  • FIX: Removed some debug statements

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Just released 1.5b which fixes a (rather embarrassing) server crash.

This is also a good time to say that I think Factory Tech development is going to be on hold for awhile (not forever), since I'm extremely busy with schoolwork and I have a couple of other mod ideas. I will still be fixing reported bugs and issues, though.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
1.5.2 is out, which fixes and finishes up CraftTweaker integration and addresses a couple other issues.
Thanks @lucariomaster2

As you're aware I've been doing a lot of testing with this mod lately. Its definitely a niche mod that won't fit into a lot of existing packs, but my preference is for unusual mechanics.

Can you explain to me how the configuration files work with respect to component duration? I found that something like, say, a mining drill went through drill bits extremely quickly. For my current project I'd like to explore what would happen if they lasted 10x as long (with some corresponding tweaks to recycling for balance purposes).

Unrelated: did your CraftTweaker fix address the CME issue I identified? https://gitlab.com/dalapo/FactoryTech/issues/10

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks @lucariomaster2

As you're aware I've been doing a lot of testing with this mod lately. Its definitely a niche mod that won't fit into a lot of existing packs, but my preference is for unusual mechanics.

Can you explain to me how the configuration files work with respect to component duration? I found that something like, say, a mining drill went through drill bits extremely quickly. For my current project I'd like to explore what would happen if they lasted 10x as long (with some corresponding tweaks to recycling for balance purposes).

Unrelated: did your CraftTweaker fix address the CME issue I identified? https://gitlab.com/dalapo/FactoryTech/issues/10

Yes, the CraftTweaker change in 1.5.2 should address the CME issue.

Machine part configuration happens in factorytech_maintenance.cfg. Each string of numbers separated by colons represents the statistics for a part. For example:

S:motor=motor:6:0.35:1.3:0.95

The first number is the minimum number of operations in a machine that a part can complete. The second number is the chance (between 0 and 1) that the part will break once the minimum operations complete. The third number indicates the break chance increase; once the minimum operations complete, the break chance is multiplied by the increase every operation afterwards. The fourth number indicates the chance that the machine will give back a broken part once the part breaks.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Higher-quality parts last longer and make machines run faster. ;)
How much longer duration? Is that configurable?

I thought maybe it was these guys in factorytech.cfg
Code:
    S:"OREDRILL:0:lifespan"=1.0
    S:"OREDRILL:1:lifespan"=1.0
But the number of entries (2) doesn't correspond to the number of drillbits or motors.

Last edited:

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
How much longer duration? Is that configurable?

I thought maybe it was these guys in factorytech.cfg
Code:
    S:"OREDRILL:0:lifespan"=1.0
    S:"OREDRILL:1:lifespan"=1.0
But the number of entries (2) doesn't correspond to the number of drillbits or motors.

There are two parts that go in the drill, correct? The drill and the motor? If I’m right, those are likely modifiers for all types of drills (0) and motors (1) that go in the machine. So, if you increase “S:"OREDRILL:1:lifespan"=1.0” to 2.0, all motors will last a minimum of twice as long.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
There are two parts that go in the drill, correct? The drill and the motor? If I’m right, those are likely modifiers for all types of drills (0) and motors (1) that go in the machine. So, if you increase “S:"OREDRILL:1:lifespan"=1.0” to 2.0, all motors will last a minimum of twice as long.

I don't believe that those lines are actually functional; part lifetimes are configured in factorytech_maintenance.cfg.

Lifetime multipliers for part qualities are not configurable, though this might change in a future update.

Reactions: Pyure