1.12.2 extreme reactors automation help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Hello, I'm looking for a way to automate turning on/off the reactor when the internal buffer reaches a certain point. I am using the dw20 pack with a few extra mods added.

I knew how to set it up when redpower/project red were in the pack but a littlw lost now, and not sure how to do it with a comparator. Not to mention that takes up some real estate that i dont have in the reactor room.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
So, this probably won’t be helpful but, below is a link to a vanilla method of controlling big/extreme reactors. You could probably shrink and/or simplify the footprint using other mods.

https://imgur.com/gallery/t2fwy

I will use it as a base. As it is right now it needs to be about a third of the size of the one you shown but with conduit I might be able to shrink it down considerably

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I will use it as a base. As it is right now it needs to be about a third of the size of the one you shown but with conduit I might be able to shrink it down considerably
As long as the principle is clear, the rest should take care of itself. Redstone conduits, especially the insulated ones you can have channels with (if those are still around), may help. Not sure how you'd do the toggle latch, but I'm sure that one can be worked out :) I hope it helped; when I posted that it had more down than upvotes and I don't really know why.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Use Structure Ducts, and Redstone Relays. Relays can be set to pass power only when the Redstone signal is above a certain amount.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
Unless they changed the mod since last I used it, you can open or close the fuel cells (sorry cant remember exact name) on top of the reactor. It takes a little experimenting, but you can find the right setting for your consumption rate.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Unless they changed the mod since last I used it, you can open or close the fuel cells (sorry cant remember exact name) on top of the reactor. It takes a little experimenting, but you can find the right setting for your consumption rate.
Yes - this is absolutely true actually - when people are doing computercraft/opencomputers control of their reactor, that will rely on tweaking the fuel rod insertion percentage to balance the in and out RF for most efficient usage of fuel! With a bit of trial and error, you should be able to find a good percentage for your fuel rods.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
The Ender IO one works best. It does what it needs to do. I just wish it could have other logic that would control insertion and what not but it's pretty much on off and that's it. I might have to take a look at dws computercraft program to get the control I really want