[1.10

paxy97

Jul 29, 2019
Hi folks.

TL;DR
FTB eats up my RAM and crashes usually after <30mins. Is there a way to check memory usage by mod and figure out which ones best to disable? Or maybe if you have some tips on which mods to avoid.

I used to play FTB on my PC, but that's not an option anymore (it's dead), so I tried playing on my laptop. It's a decent machine, i5 3rd gen 3.3GHz, 8GB RAM, SSD, but sadly only has an Intel GPU, no dedicated one, so RAM becomes a very big issue when running ftb, since the integrated GPU shares the RAM with the CPU and I hit 100% (of my 8GB) by only loading the game it slows down my whole OS and crashes after a few seconds of agony.

Sidenote: I'm running Linux, which on idle without anything running consumes <400MB, so the OS is not the issue and also I'm closing firefox and everything else, so ftb is almost the only thing running.

So the next thing I did was disable a bunch of mods that I think eat up a lot of RAM and those I wouldn't play anyway, but that only delayed the issue, as upon loading a world I get to 95% and 100 pretty quickly after that.

My question is, is there a way to see memory usage per mod, or maybe someone could tell me which mods of the ones I haven't deactivated eat a lot of RAM. I'm still unfamiliar with most of the new 1.10 mods, I've only seen a few spotlights, so I can't guess which mods are more resource hungry. I'm running the DW20 pack and added gendustry. Here's a list of all the mods I use, disabled ones are tagged:

http://pastebin.com/AmAXdBSD

Thank you for your help.