1.10 Mods that can make millions rf/t

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
MC1.10 dw20 pack, getting into draconic evolution and noting that my power production is going to start being taxed. Probably going to add a mod to fix this.

I don't want to touch the extra utils rainbaw gen. Getting all the other gens to run, much less be automated, would be a nightmare.

Right now, my power is 25 endergenic generators, in sets of 5 and controled with a circuit from scm. Generates about 100k rf/t, and I could infuse them for more (not sure how much more, but probably not enough).

Extreme reactors could probably work, but has a kinda large footprint and resource cost, especially given a turbine at max would produce the same as one of my 5eg setups.

I'm currently looking at mekanism, which would also give me some other stuff to play with. Open to other suggestions, though.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Mek is your best option at the moment. Though it also has a turbine option that's a bit more space efficient than the ER ones.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
extreme reactors AFAIk.
EDIT :Crap, didn't read the description....

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
How are you getting enough ender Pearls for your 25 Endergenic Generators? I just build 1 of them and having troubel to get the pearls...
I use EnderIO Spawner with a double capacitor but it just hold up at a even point (affected by random discard of pearls as well)
I´m kind of locking into other spawners but nothing there that would help I think... well RFTools Spawner but after spending 2 days for understanding endergenic generators I don´t feel like spendin a other two days for setting up a spawner :)

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
How are you getting enough ender Pearls for your 25 Endergenic Generators? I just build 1 of them and having troubel to get the pearls...
I use EnderIO Spawner with a double capacitor but it just hold up at a even point (affected by random discard of pearls as well)
I´m kind of locking into other spawners but nothing there that would help I think... well RFTools Spawner but after spending 2 days for understanding endergenic generators I don´t feel like spendin a other two days for setting up a spawner :)

First, I'm not even sure how a single Endergenic Generator by itself would work, at least without being increadibly wasteful. The idea is to have multiple connected together so that the pearl returns to the first one and continues the loop, that way you only lose a pearl to "randomly discarded". Mine are in groups of 5, basically this setup. Produces about 20k rf/t per setup

After that, making sure that each generator in the loop has the pearl arriving a 10 ticks (you can see stats over 5 seconds by holding a RFTools Smart Wrench. Pay attention to "Last Pearl Arrived at" once it appears) and firing the pearl immediately. This will both help with not losing pearls to "not enough energy" and with power overall.

Finally, I've got my enderman spawner with an octadic capacitor, and the killer Joe I have for it is using a fully upgraded "The Ender" with looting 3 on it, courtesy of Ender IO's enchanter letting me make enchanted books. I'd also recommend mending+xp boost (Only if you're using the sword yourself, it's kinda useless in a killer joe) and/or unbreaking as well, but getting the xp for all of that could take a bit. On that note, having an xp vacuum feeding into an experience obelisk if you're using a killer joe for your spawner room is a wonderful idea. The one in my spawner room has 170+ levels from me running the spawners to build up stock of things.

But yeah, basically do those three things (generators in loop, fiine-tuned timing, and using a "The Ender" sword with looting 3 on it to kill the endermen from an octadic-upgraded spawner) all go together for maximized rf/t, maximum pearls from your spawner, and minimum pearl useage.

Anyways, back to the original topic, I went ahead and installed mekanism. Now I need to figure out how it works and set up automation. And probably also replace my ore processing with mekanism stuff (and rewire things, and ...)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently using Mek as my primary power generation (custom pack), and I'm actually quite happy with the Ethylene setup I have running.

I'm using an AA Farmer to grow wheat, which is ground in a SAG Mill into flour (and bonus seeds), then baked into bread. The bread is fed into a Crusher providing 6 Biofuel (rather than wheat alone providing 2 Biofuel). The Biofuel is fed into a Pressurized Reaction Chamber with some water and hydrogen giving me Substrate (fed into a drawer with a Void upgrade) and Ethylene. I have decided that all my Mek gasses will be converted to liquid for transportation and storage (personal rule, not needed), so I feed the Ethylene into a Rotary Condensentrator. The now Liquid Ethylene is pumped into a Tinker's Tank (1000 bucket capacity) for storage. On the other side of the tank, Liquid Ethylene is pulled into a Rotary Condensentrator to be converted back to a gas for use in a battery of Gas-Burning Generators. Currently, I'm only using four generators due to my lack of need for more, but fuel has stockpiled all the way back to the farm (1000 buckets of Liquid Ethylene is no small amount of fuel, as it is denser than its gas counterpart).

I've just set up a Lithium plant to facilitate building an Induction Matrix to store and distribute my power, although it should plug easily into any power grid (currently using both RFTools and EnderIO for storage).

Mek has a Reactor as well, but until I reach a point where my fuel can't keep up, I'll be delving into other projects that revolve around consuming power rather than making it. Also, 5x ore processing. For Science.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Mekanism's Fusion Reactor is kind of an absolute endgame device. DrRageHard did a video on Draconic Evolution for his Surviving with series HERE, and the Mekanism Reactor instantly filled the second tier energy storage. So...

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
First, I'm not even sure how a single Endergenic Generator by itself would work, at least without being increadibly wasteful. The idea is to have multiple connected together so that the pearl returns to the first one and continues the loop, that way you only lose a pearl to "randomly discarded". Mine are in groups of 5, basically this setup. Produces about 20k rf/t per setup

After that, making sure that each generator in the loop has the pearl arriving a 10 ticks (you can see stats over 5 seconds by holding a RFTools Smart Wrench. Pay attention to "Last Pearl Arrived at" once it appears) and firing the pearl immediately. This will both help with not losing pearls to "not enough energy" and with power overall.

Finally, I've got my enderman spawner with an octadic capacitor, and the killer Joe I have for it is using a fully upgraded "The Ender" with looting 3 on it, courtesy of Ender IO's enchanter letting me make enchanted books. I'd also recommend mending+xp boost (Only if you're using the sword yourself, it's kinda useless in a killer joe) and/or unbreaking as well, but getting the xp for all of that could take a bit. On that note, having an xp vacuum feeding into an experience obelisk if you're using a killer joe for your spawner room is a wonderful idea. The one in my spawner room has 170+ levels from me running the spawners to build up stock of things.

But yeah, basically do those three things (generators in loop, fiine-tuned timing, and using a "The Ender" sword with looting 3 on it to kill the endermen from an octadic-upgraded spawner) all go together for maximized rf/t, maximum pearls from your spawner, and minimum pearl useage.

Anyways, back to the original topic, I went ahead and installed mekanism. Now I need to figure out how it works and set up automation. And probably also replace my ore processing with mekanism stuff (and rewire things, and ...)

When I said Endergenic Generator, I refered to a set of 4 beeing configured already in a 10 tick loop :) my bad.
I will try infusing them maybe I get them to create more energy then. At the moment I get around 15k and the EnderIO Spawner takes around 16k on full upgrade... Also I´m using Draconig Evolution Grinder so no looting applied. I will try Ender IO here as well still gonna have to make the liquid it requeires then.

Edit: Also I wonder what are you doing in Draconic evolution that you need more than this power?
For what I can tell in DW1.10.(1.4) the furthest you can go is creating the orange armor thing. SO this will take a fair amount of power to create but nothing that you can´t handel with buffering some energy in some sort of batterie.
The rest of the Draconic stuff ist atm not updated... right?

Last edited:

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
When I said Endergenic Generator, I refered to a set of 4 beeing configured already in a 10 tick loop :) my bad.
I will try infusing them maybe I get them to create more energy then. At the moment I get around 15k and the EnderIO Spawner takes around 16k on full upgrade... Also I´m using Draconig Evolution Grinder so no looting applied. I will try Ender IO here as well still gonna have to make the liquid it requeires then.

Edit: Also I wonder what are you doing in Draconic evolution that you need more than this power?
For what I can tell in DW1.10.(1.4) the furthest you can go is creating the orange armor thing. SO this will take a fair amount of power to create but nothing that you can´t handel with buffering some energy in some sort of batterie
The rest of the Draconic stuff ist atm not updated... right?

Biggest sink is probably the draconic bow. I've got one with Wyvern/basic/basic for arrow damage, draw speed, and arrow speed, and fully maxed out on the options, it's nearly 100 million a shot. I want to be able to spam this thing without having to worry about my power situation, and do so after fully upgrading everything (which, with draconic tier upgrades taking 256m rf isn't exactly cheap either)

As for your endergenic system, like I said, you'll get a lot more ender pearls if you use a "The Ender" sword, fully uprgraded, with looting 3. Which reminds me, I need to put unbreaking on mine now that it's being used primarily in a killer joe.

Reactions: Dentvar

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I follow your advide and works fine. I had to add a second set of endergenic Generators since one set of 4 does not get over the 16KRF/t but since with the Killer Joe I get more then enoguh pearls this is not a problem.

Also the unbreaking enchant is not necesarry. I did put a EnderIo Item Conduit with a advanced filter on the Killer Joe that extract "The Ender" only if it is at a certain dmg level. This feeding into a Item Repairer from Actually Additions.
SO you don´t have to worry about checking if the tools is near to dying and risking to lose the enchants :)

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, glad it helped. And I've got the same setup for my killer joe with the repairer, but that thing is a bit power-hungry, so with unbreaking 3 it'll go a lot longer between having to be repaired. Necessary? Probably not. but it is more efficient. As is adding sharpness 5, which I have on my sword, but I don't think I mentioned. And obviously having the sword at max empowered, with a wireless charger nearby to keep it charged.

Y

YoshiMunchakoop

If you already produce 100k rf/t you probably have a lot of ressources, I would just build an extreme reactors reactor, fill up a few billion rfs of energy storage, and then start a draconic reactor with it.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
If you wanna get silly with it.... You can actually produce that much with an array of lightning rods with immersive engineering. Even more if you don't mind eternal thunderstorms (mix in some DE weather control). If you put enough of the steel fence at the build height limit, you can maintain a steady 96k/s passively with 6 lightning rod bases all connected to the same array. The more the merrier, actually. You'll get 16k per base and you can add as many as you want. I've had as many as 5 running in a single-chunk tower for 80k, but I could have quadrupled that and still had space. Only downside is that's the number while it's storming, so if you want it passive, you'd have to set up a DE weather changer to detect when it's not storming and send it back into that state.

But, clean, passive RF fo' life! Will just cost you a few hundred steel fences and some lightning rod bases.