[1.10.2] Tritech (tiered modpack)

Triactis

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to Tritech's FTB forum page!

Tritech is a modpack based around using Gregtech as a 'ladder' on which different mods are the floors on this ladder. The modpack is setup in 10 tiers based on the different machine casing levels in Gregtech, these tiers are used to ensure that new players can't grief or cause large amounts of server lag, while rewarding players that play for extended periods of time by allowing space travel and god-like items. Certain mods are required for progression, while others are recommended or just add fun stuff to do. Iv'e tried to make every recipe able to be automated from start to finish, even items that you would normally have to search for. The modpack is currently in its testing phase which I need your help with! So feel free to join our discord(https://discord.gg/ay8wgHb) or start a server, as both are available in the launcher.

The way to get the modpack is to press the pack codes button on the FTB launcher and type in the code "Tritech"

Screenshots:
2017-04-17_22.11.55.png

more will be added if you send them to me over pm or from my playthroughs

Modlist:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nice Triactis. Out of curiosity, what version/fork of Gregtech is that? If its a fork, you may want to credit a primary collaborator (if any)

Fun looking mod list, I might check it out myself.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Recipe conflict between vanilla furnace and deep dark portal. :) Kind of a non-starter, that.

Also noticed three different types of copper just running around for a bit.

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting how peoples jumps into huge hole of time wasting. World already got few packs with GT. Infitech with big team and community, New Horizons with one crazy man, Fire in the pipe, Beyond Reality etc.

We all know how GT is big and how much time needs even to change 10k receipts for only 1 processing.

Did you saw them? What is a main idea of your pack? How much time u got and already spent?

And what means that u tried automate all receipts? Machine components still only crafting grid, like Motors. If you mean that alot of mods here allow autocrafting and you did nothing just added them here...

Last edited:

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
He means that you can automatically create or gather as many items as possible. Crafting them is automatable, unlike searching for components in rare worldgen. Also, most of those gregtech packs you mentioned are 1.7.10, while this one is 1.10.2, allowing for some different mods to be added. Your other questions I'll leave for the pack dev, seeing as I can't answer them.

Reactions: Pyure

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
No magic gt pack - awesome!
But Magical crops against logic. Only in void worlds it can be interesting. And void world can be interesting only if anyone can change sieving mechanic. But this is only my humble opinion.
I even remember days when BetterThenWolves mod has arrived and i forgot vanilla mc forever. Then i discover BuildCraft without engines at first versions, IndustrialCraft, Forestry... holy gregtech. And you tell me about difference 1.7.10 and 1.10.2?

If creator can rework idea to something like - Start this pack at the Moon or Mars with awesome background story in half destroyed base - and this is will be best steaming pack of the year, not just a "unique 1.10.2 pack with Magical crops"...
Or Reverse galacticcraft, where main goal is to reach Earth from borders of Solar system... "Chewee we are home!" (c)

ps funny how notorios gregtech modpack master likes ur comments)

Triactis

Jul 29, 2019
No magic gt pack - awesome!
But Magical crops against logic. Only in void worlds it can be interesting. And void world can be interesting only if anyone can change sieving mechanic. But this is only my humble opinion.
I even remember days when BetterThenWolves mod has arrived and i forgot vanilla mc forever. Then i discover BuildCraft without engines at first versions, IndustrialCraft, Forestry... holy gregtech. And you tell me about difference 1.7.10 and 1.10.2?

If creator can rework idea to something like - Start this pack at the Moon or Mars with awesome background story in half destroyed base - and this is will be best steaming pack of the year, not just a "unique 1.10.2 pack with Magical crops"...
Or Reverse galacticcraft, where main goal is to reach Earth from borders of Solar system... "Chewee we are home!" (c)

ps funny how notorios gregtech modpack master likes ur comments)
I actually really like that idea, the pack was mainly for me and freinds to use but I thought i'd post it so others can have a 1.10.2 gregtech pack, the recipes changed more for making progression flow through the mods and forcing you to use lower teir items instead of plowing to draconic

But the reverse idea for a story pack of starting on the moon is very cool.

Z

ZeusTheImmortal

I ran into a loop where I need a megnatizer to make the crusher but to make the magnetizer I need HOP graphite and I can only make the HOP graphite with a crusher. Please help!

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
I put a few hours into this, cheating in furnaces and throwing away cobble to make up for that misstep, but didn't find anything that would make me want to keep playing this pack over any other. I had a few crashes, and the pack takes around five minutes to load every time, getting stuck on "JEI: building index" forever each time. In the game I frequently experienced lag similar to playing on a busy online server, despite being in SP, and as soon as I turned on my bronze steam boiler the framerate went to hell as suddenly dozens of chunks were updating per tick for some reason. And besides those technical problems, the balance of steam generator to steam consumer meant I had to constantly pick up and put back down my machines, as the wrench wouldn't actually make it stop wasting steam. The FTB wiki says you need six boilers per bronze smelter to keep them running, and that would just be an enormous waste of my time to pursue.
There were also like seven different kinds of tin and copper, multiple different kinds of even the base materials because the vanilla and Gregtech versions were both spawning, and a bunch of the varieties like the Immersive Engineering and vanilla ores didn't actually recognize the Gregtech tools as legit pickaxes so I couldn't actually mine them with my gregtech pick that was an enormous PITA to make, for good reason except literally just to waste time. Speaking of wasting time, finding out what I needed to build and how to get there took ages for every single step, as there are thousands of redundant recipes and objects for everything. Even besides the multiple overlapping mods, the gregtech tool recipes were all repeated 2 or 3 times per tool in JEI.
Also the ore distribution reports in JEI are wrong because you haven't updated them after adding in all these changes. That's something you need to do as the pack author.

This was a miserable experience overall, though the furnace recipe still really sticks out as a highlight. Did you not play your own modpack? Why would you make a modpack if you didn't personally want that experience?