Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Also, I found that the only way to get obsidian without already having it is to make a pig iron sharpening kit. Most people don't find villages AND have enough materials to trade for emeralds/have enough villagers to make enough emeralds at the point that I am; and even fewer people find emeralds at the point that I am. Luckily I had emeralds that I found 10 minutes in, but that isn't most people.

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
Just a quick suggestion that may be shut down immediately, but I would like to suggest Extreme reactors for power gen. You can gate it behind IE machines and stuff (like needing steel instead of iron and stuff like that) and/or upping the fuel usage (like in the direwolf20 modpacks)

Good idea! I'll add it in the next update.

Also, I found that the only way to get obsidian without already having it is to make a pig iron sharpening kit. Most people don't find villages AND have enough materials to trade for emeralds/have enough villagers to make enough emeralds at the point that I am; and even fewer people find emeralds at the point that I am. Luckily I had emeralds that I found 10 minutes in, but that isn't most people.

Adding a diamond to your tool allows you to mine obsidian

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
The easiest fix I can see is allowing diamond pickaxes, but I remember something in direwolf20's lets play series about sticking a bucket of lava and a bucket of water in the smeltery via drain block to make obsidian, but I tried it and it doesn't work. Config change maybe?

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
The easiest fix I can see is allowing diamond pickaxes, but I remember something in direwolf20's lets play series about sticking a bucket of lava and a bucket of water in the smeltery via drain block to make obsidian, but I tried it and it doesn't work. Config change maybe?

Whenever I tested it in a test world, I could mine obsidian. Diamond pickaxes are in dungeons, so there is one way to get obsidian. The smeltery obsidian is disabled

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Hmmm... I would just re-enable smeltery obsidian, at least for the time being until other options are found/explored. The fact is that once you have an obsidian level tool you're fine, so it's a very early game issue that you only have once.

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
Update 1.0.0 was just released
*Updated mods
With almost 2 months of life and 150 downloads, I think it is time the modpack ends. The modpack was far more successful then I thought it would be. I will be creating a harder modpack for 1.12, however that will not be released for awhile. Thank you to anyone who played this and/or gave feedback!

Reactions: triggerfinger12