[1.10.2] Simply Magic 2 [Magic][Quest Tutorials][Light]

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
The quest reward bags seem completely broken atm.

Also, man, it's real weird hitting grass and not having three dozen different kinds of seeds pop out for the first time in literally years playing Minecraft. Just wheat seeds and the occasional old root.
Also weird: Not having any way of making mini coal or charcoal. Slightly less ubiquitous than Harvestcraft, but still a basic Quality of Life thing that almost every single pack I've played in recent months has included.

Edit: More feedback after playing for a while: mod needs the "bed bugs" mod (first time I've ever actually needed it was playing this pack, ironically).
I have no idea what mod/config lets you actually see the durability of your equipment in their tooltips, but it's really valuable and I miss it here.
(edit for this point: googling around, I found there's a vanilla feature for this: F3 + h turns on 'advanced tooltips'. I guess it's on by default in most packs or something?)
I'm not sure if you've intentionally removed the normal distance-based spawn limits on creatures, or if something's broken, but I kept seeing animals spawning directly in front of my face (not just the occasional secret evil one, either).
There's a hud element from one of the mods (I'm guessing Evil Craft?) that overlaps with the first item on the hotbar, covering it up, on hud scale large. Can't find any config option to fix it.
The natural world type looks very pretty when it's untouched, but the enormous trees quickly break the illusion, as their tops are really hard to get, leaving floating half trees all over the forest. Is there a way to fully cut them down without having to nerdpole up them?
Also, did you turn down ore rates? I'm finding a decent enough amount of Embers' copper, but only two iron ore in the four hours or so I've been playing.

Finally, something is messing with performance pretty badly, not sure what or how to investigate. It's not a direct lowered framerate, but rather a kind of nearly constant microstutter when moving around in certain areas. Gonna try turning up the amount of RAM allowed by the modpack, see if that helps.

Last edited:

engel

Jul 29, 2019
Know this may be necromancy, but any chance of adding Astral Sorcery? Really think that can use a teaching quest chain.