[1.10.2] Simply Magic 2 [Magic][Quest Tutorials][Light]

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.0.8
  • Updated Blood Magic, Psi, Thaumic Infusion, JEI, Chisel and Bits, Graves, LLOverlay,
  • Added Inventory Tweaks

Reactions: Tylor

Doelloos Verdwaald

Jul 29, 2019
In my single player world FTB Utilities only saves first backup after starting the game but none while playing. It does prompt the lag warning in chat but doesn't follow up with the second line about the size and no files are created. According to the FTBU github this was a bug in a previous version but should be fixed now.

Does anyone else have this problem?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
In my single player world FTB Utilities only saves first backup after starting the game but none while playing. It does prompt the lag warning in chat but doesn't follow up with the second line about the size and no files are created. According to the FTBU github this was a bug in a previous version but should be fixed now.

Does anyone else have this problem?
The mod author is working on a fix in about a weekish. Thanks for the report.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Psi looks really interesting. Apparently when @Vazkii decides that a UI is in order, it's a really good one. I'm a level 2 spellslinger so beware my mad skillz.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Is it a 1.8.9 feature or a pack config that keeps you from taking fire damage? I just have iron armor on and I'm not taking any damage even though I'm visibly on fire after exiting lava. I did take damage while in the lava.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Aura Cascade bug: if you walk into an aura node at eye level, you suffocate. They collide at foot level normally.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I'm starting to get regular temporary freezes on server.

Last edited:

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Something has a memory leak and was eating all of the resources. If you continue to run into problems you may use /admin restart

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like to be a party pooper, but psi is to powerful. The question of "how do i do this easily" is answered by psi. The only thing psi falls flat is with automation. I heard from zieg that abyssal mobs are immune against the explosion trick, but otherwise it seems good enough against everything else.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
psi does have a barrier to entry, though. It requires people to invest in learning the logic. I'm only level 4 so it's not complete OP for me yet. The explosions don't seem to damage mobs for me yet. I did blast a hole in my house, though.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
psi does have a barrier to entry, though. It requires people to invest in learning the logic. I'm only level 4 so it's not complete OP for me yet. The explosions don't seem to damage mobs for me yet. I did blast a hole in my house, though.

Which investment? People going on reddit or somesuch forum to just paste and copy? I dare say that psi is more powerful then EE2! Atleast there you had to collect some resources. Another comparsion with AE2 (which has all the same tools!), where you have to atleast get levels +/ infinity orbs from bosses to get and use the more powerful spells.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
"Too powerful" is something that makes other mods obsolete. I can't say that about Psi. I would still rather use TC lightning focus for killing things, wear Blood Magic armor etc. Psi has a niche of fine-tuned portable automation, which has no alternatives.
Psi options can be accessible way earlier than some other mod's, and change early game more, but I love it, because I hate going through vanilla stage hundred's time over.
Psi is hard-capped by Psi regeneration, unlike other mods where you can just put another resource generation system if you need more.

After all, Psi is Vaskii's mod, and he knows how to balance things. Even if now something in it is out of balance because the mod is new.

Reactions: Arbitrary

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Oh im sure he will balance it. But until then, it overshadows other mods, besides what i mentioned.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Current gravestones mod is not reliable either. Grave being at random place, like in a cave below, is very common. After dying in Outer Lands my Grave disappeared probably to somewhere behind Starry Void.
Even when grave is in place, often part of things in it either disappear, or dupe.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Current gravestones mod is not reliable either. Grave being at random place, like in a cave below, is very common. After dying in Outer Lands my Grave disappeared probably to somewhere behind Starry Void.
Even when grave is in place, often part of things in it either disappear, or dupe.
Agreed - it seems pretty random and sometimes the grave is never found.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.0.10 - Mod Updates:
  • Psi
  • Blood Magic
  • Thaumic Bases
  • Intangible
  • Storage Drawers
  • Building Bricks - Still disabled
  • Graves
  • JEI
  • JER