1.10.2 Railcraft Factory Work-around

S

SirDust

I know now that in Railcraft 1.10.2, factories like the coke oven and blast furnace are not working.
Is there a good way to work around this?
I know the mod immersive engineering has similar factories, but is it possible to use only the factories and none of the rest of the mod? Or is there a better way to get coke and steel in a balanced way?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
There's no reason you can't use just the factories from IE, and ignore the rest of the mod. The Coke Oven is a bit more expensive, but the Blast Furnace is a bit cheaper. The Steel and Creosote are completely interchangeable as far as I know.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using Railcraft just for the coke oven and blast furnace, you may as well not use Railcraft at all.

Last I checked Railcraft is still heavily WIP for 1.10.2 and a lot of things still don't work

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
He meant that they don't work at the moment, but there are still recipes for rails that use the furnace/crafting table. (Always been an option, but most people use the factory module which adds the Oven/Furnace/Rolling Machine instead.) So using the IE ones to produce steel is a viable alternative until RC Factory machines are fixed.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I personally like the look of the RC Coke Oven better than the one from IE, but I like the IE blast furnace better. So I end up using one of each. :D

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
The RC Coke Oven also holds a hell of a lot more Creosote than the IE one does. Once the oven is full of Creosote, it won't produce more Coal Coke. Just be prepared for that.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
CJ built in alternative recipes until the ovens are done.
You get a bottle of creosote oil if you burn a piece of charcoal in a vanilla oven (two bottles per piece of coal).
I don't know the the recipe for steel atm, but I'm sure a little digging in JEI or NEI will give you an answer.