[1.10.2]New Beginnings - Magic - Light - Skyblock

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
@Aura was the first thing I tried. The Curse version says it is MC 1.9 and FTB (the version I'm playing) says MC 1.10.2.

Ugh. I hadn't even noticed that! Stupid Curse taking forever to update. Thanks for pointing that out to me...I've been doing a "Let's Play" and seriously thought I was in 1.10 since I hadn't done anything yet which would've clued me.

Where's my big facepalm at? I know I left it around here somewhere...

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Is one biome better than another to spawn spiders? So far I haven't gotten any spiders in my mob trap.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Is one biome better than another to spawn spiders? So far I haven't gotten any spiders in my mob trap.

Not aware of any spider-specific biomes available in this mudpack (the one creepy forest biome from BOP which seems to spawn tons of spiders and endermen doesn't seem to be available through Terrain Crystals unless I've really misremembered its name).

Have you tried creating a 1-block high dark room that's a chunk or two across? That'd prevent any other normal mob spawns (AFAIK, baby zombies are still constrained by the 2-high space requirement of normal zombies for spawn purposes).

EDIT: Checked out the FTB download and Aura Cascade no longer appears in the mod list. :( Which means (I think) that TiCon is now the only way to double ore.

Last edited:

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Which means (I think) that TiCon is now the only way to double ore
Ore doubling is probably not an overwhelming problem as long as I can figure out an automated mana production.
My mob spawner just gave me an unsuspected bonus: water bottles from a witch. I had finally gotten 2 string so I made the rune of water immediately followed by a rod of the seas. Water for days!

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Has aura cascade been removed from the pack? I can't seem to find it in JEI. Also: Is there anyway to double ores other than tinkers?

It is gone in the version 2.0.0 of the pack that is on the FTB launcher. I noticed when all the blocks disappeared after moving my save from the Curse launcher to the FTB launcher---since Curse mysteriously decided it couldn't run the pack properly for some reason.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
sacrifice mobs then

Can't do that till you have a tier 2 altar, usually, so you can craft the dagger of sacrifice, which means he's going to be stabbing himself either way to make those 8 blood runes and the dagger itself. :p

So he's going to need 19,000 LP worth of self-mutilation. Only has to stab himself 95 times.

Actually, forget all of that, that is from the previous major release of blood magic. Seems to be quite a bit different in 1.10. :)

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to double ores other than tinkers?
It seems the Tome of Alkahesrty will do the trick, assuming I ever get a Witch's Hat. Probably won't be necessary though since I got gravel in the Nether and made a clayconia. It would, however, save me from having to go to the Nether anymore for anything but blaze rods or tinker's ores.

M

MCHypeTrain

I have tried NewBeginning-1.0.3-1.10.2 from curse (the launcher actually) and expecting to get the minecraft (forge) version 1.10.2 to play with. But instead I got minecraft 1.9.4.Do people have this trouble too?

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried NewBeginning-1.0.3-1.10.2 from curse (the launcher actually) and expecting to get the minecraft (forge) version 1.10.2 to play with. But instead I got minecraft 1.9.4.Do people have this trouble too?
I had the opposite problem...at least as far as some of the mods go. 1.10.2 version is on ftb but lacks a couple mods that are not in the 1.9.4 version.

All of the videos I've watched so far have been from 1.9.4 (yes, I'm talking about you , TheElectricCake) and none from 1.10.2. So don't expect to necessarily be able to play along with anyone yet unless you get it from Curse.

See the last 2 pages of this thread.

Aldermeer

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I've been experiencing a bug when trying to place cobblestone slabs; sometimes randomly they'll instead place a "hellbark wood slab", which has no texture and therefor uses the purple and black whole-brick thingy.

Also experiencing this, as well as an outright crash when oak slabs are placed vertically. (1.10.2 pack, version 2.0.0)

Edit: Substituting in the 1.9.4 version of the mod seems to have fixed the placement of new slabs.

Last edited:

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Also experiencing this, as well as an outright crash when oak slabs are placed vertically. (1.10.2 pack, version 2.0.0)
Try switching to stone half-slabs. It won't fix the bug itself but it does make sure that you are not experiencing it.

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the advice. I was able to get quite a few... but now I'm needing sand, which means soulsand, which strangely seems completely absent. Where ever I expect it to be, I just get this Basalt stuff. Any tips for getting glass, or grout?