1.10.2 modpacks not loading

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Flarna

Jul 29, 2019
Title 1.10.2 modpacks not loading

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack all 1.10.2 modpacks

Modpack version any

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/62214a38

Details of the issue I can't seem to launch any 1.10 modpacks. 1.7s work just fine. This happens on both FTB launcher and curse app. On FTB it just does nothing for a few seconds, then returns to the launcher. On curse, it seems to try to load, then crashes partway through. Link is the crash log for an attempt at launching SF3 3.0.1 on curse. Have tried multiple versions, updating java, increasing RAM allocation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
And in that crash report, you have less than 4 GB allocated. Increase your RAM allocation and post the crash log you get after doing that.
Try reinstalling the pack, with the current recommended version, 3.0.4

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
  1. net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderExceptionModCrash: Caught exception from OpenComputers (OpenComputers)
  2. Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/typesafe/config/ConfigMergeable

Ok. Both your launchers failed to install pack and scala library is missing or AV blocks it when classloader tries to read it.

To fix that with FTB Launcher open options and click force update once. Then start pack normally.

To fix that with curse open one of the 1.10.2 packs, press (...) button and then click "Repair Minecraft"

If those fixes does not work you should check your antivirus settings.

Flarna

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Both your launchers failed to install pack and scala library is missing or AV blocks it when classloader tries to read it.

To fix that with FTB Launcher open options and click force update once. Then start pack normally.

To fix that with curse open one of the 1.10.2 packs, press (...) button and then click "Repair Minecraft"

If those fixes does not work you should check your antivirus settings.
Repair Minecraft worked on the curse client. 1.10 modpacks seem to load now. Incidentally, I only had to do it for one pack and the rest worked as well.

FTB launcher still doesn't work however. Even with a force update. Not sure what setting in my AV if any would cause this problem. Tried turning real-time protection off and still nothing. My completely uneducated guess is that it has something to do with the launchers never having seen a 1.10 version of MC in any form before. Anyway, thanks for the fix, but I thought you might still wanna know about the other thing too.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Incidentally, I only had to do it for one pack and the rest worked as well.

Libraries are shared between instances. Fixing it in one pack fixes it for all.

My completely uneducated guess is that it has something to do with the launchers never having seen a 1.10 version of MC in any form before. Anyway, thanks for the fix, but I thought you might still wanna know about the other thing too.

Are you running 1.4.12 or some older version? If older you should update launcher manually by downloading new version from FTB website. Hint: look for legacy or grab "linux version"

Flarna

Jul 29, 2019
Are you running 1.4.12 or some older version? If older you should update launcher manually by downloading new version from FTB website. Hint: look for legacy or grab "linux version"
Success! Thanks for the help.