[1.10.2][Curse] Future's Edge [Hardcore][Quests]

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I've considered extending the grace period before diminishing returns start... way too easy to burn up those free eats early game if you eat a bunch of crap food. I'll add that to the list for next update :)

The fish bait thing is how Pam wants it so I didn't feel like it should be changed, and also there is a way to craft it with tofu.

For dealing with lycanite mobs especially early game make sure to use the most effective weapon... like sprigans and ents take more damage from axes, and geo things take more from pickaxe.

I think for the village you can use your best judgement to place it... and once you place one you see it's size and weather you need to change your tactic for the next run (cuz your probably going to die the first run anyway).

Jdamstra

Jul 29, 2019
1. Is there a way to inner change the ethanol from Forestry and Immersive engineering ??? Or be able to use fruits from Forestry to make IM ethanol.

2. What about being about to use pam's and IM crops with the forestry farm?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
what are we to use for tanks/fluid containers? eio tanks? seems to be it really, nothing large or can be made large from what I can see. I see the lack of tanks being the biggest problem tho. I just made my first coke oven and first thought was what I'm going to do with all the creosote. I know IE has a drum or something but it doesn't hold very much.

Is there any way we can get iron chests into the mix? There's the IE crates but they don't hold very much. RFTOOLS modular storage will be used but it's not a chest per se.

There's no ae or refined storage or storage networks, looks like EIO is only crafting bench + inventory other than the worktable. Intended? or do you plan to add something else?

I tend to hate lycanites but tbh, they seem to be very toned down here. Only seem to mad-spawn at night time and not all the mobs want to spill your blood which is nice... I'm sure nether is going to be hellish ofc so I reserve my right to ragequit when I get there hehe :)

edit: also, I updated cooking for blockheads hoping to get rid of the whack-a-mole I was seeing to no avail. I'll post something on their issue tracker about it, but even with latest version, some things like fresh milk, flour, etc.. are being replaces (visually I think) with random other foods. I love the cow in a jar. hehe

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Did immersive engineering or you remove the treated wood recipe with bottles of creosote? I only see a recipe for the bucket of creosote which makes those pretty painful to craft. If this wasn't intended, can we get that recipe back?

Jdamstra

Jul 29, 2019
So if you are on a server how do you get more dragon eggs to make more than 1 Philosopher Stone for ProjectE???

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019

The fish bait thing is how Pam wants it so I didn't feel like it should be changed, and also there is a way to craft it with tofu.

Not sure if in a later version this is fixed.
In the public version so far you can only use the "Raw Tofish"-dish from pam's, vanilla fish and some meat of the lycanite-mob fishes to craft the bait. Nothing else, which makes the crafting a bit troublesome.
That's why I mentioned the recipe.

If it's later fixed to accept tofu and pam's fishes in general all is well :)

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
what are we to use for tanks/fluid containers? eio tanks? seems to be it really, nothing large or can be made large from what I can see. I see the lack of tanks being the biggest problem tho. I just made my first coke oven and first thought was what I'm going to do with all the creosote. I know IE has a drum or something but it doesn't hold very much.

Is there any way we can get iron chests into the mix? There's the IE crates but they don't hold very much. RFTOOLS modular storage will be used but it's not a chest per se.

There's no ae or refined storage or storage networks, looks like EIO is only crafting bench + inventory other than the worktable. Intended? or do you plan to add something else?

I tend to hate lycanites but tbh, they seem to be very toned down here. Only seem to mad-spawn at night time and not all the mobs want to spill your blood which is nice... I'm sure nether is going to be hellish ofc so I reserve my right to ragequit when I get there hehe :)

edit: also, I updated cooking for blockheads hoping to get rid of the whack-a-mole I was seeing to no avail. I'll post something on their issue tracker about it, but even with latest version, some things like fresh milk, flour, etc.. are being replaces (visually I think) with random other foods. I love the cow in a jar. hehe
The multiblock tank from IE is more than enough IMO.
Nope, there is Drawers, RFtools storage, and the Chest from ProjectE. More than enough storage options IMO.
RFtools also has crafting, and RFtools Control (added in update 0.3.0) adds plenty of logistic options, IMO.
Yes I tried to keep them toned down to provide a challenge without making anything impossible, also helps keep lag down on server to keep them from over spawning.

Did immersive engineering or you remove the treated wood recipe with bottles of creosote? I only see a recipe for the bucket of creosote which makes those pretty painful to craft. If this wasn't intended, can we get that recipe back?
There was no bottles untill I added Railcraft and now those should be an option again, but there was always the can and wax cells from forestry for another option.

what mod adds the highlighting of the carts with chests in mineshafts?
This is a bug in Railcraft mod, and should be fixed in update 0.3.0

So if you are on a server how do you get more dragon eggs to make more than 1 Philosopher Stone for ProjectE???
The egg is not consumed in the crafting process as of update 0.3.0

Not sure if in a later version this is fixed.
In the public version so far you can only use the "Raw Tofish"-dish from pam's, vanilla fish and some meat of the lycanite-mob fishes to craft the bait. Nothing else, which makes the crafting a bit troublesome.
That's why I mentioned the recipe.

If it's later fixed to accept tofu and pam's fishes in general all is well :)
Yes I spoke with Pam and apparently it should accept any raw fish but not things like frog or clams, that may not be in the version currently in the pack but if not it's something to look forward to when Pam's updates.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
The multiblock tank from IE is more than enough IMO.
Nope, there is Drawers, RFtools storage, and the Chest from ProjectE. More than enough storage options IMO.
RFtools also has crafting, and RFtools Control (added in update 0.3.0) adds plenty of logistic options, IMO.
Yes I tried to keep them toned down to provide a challenge without making anything impossible, also helps keep lag down on server to keep them from over spawning.
There was no bottles untill I added Railcraft and now those should be an option again, but there was always the can and wax cells from forestry for another option
This is a bug in Railcraft mod, and should be fixed in update 0.3.0
oh ok, I didn't even know IE had a multiblock tank. Will definately look into that, thanks.
For storage, yeah. lots of options, just not alot of 'great' ones but yeah, if this is how you intended pack to be, then that's that. I will mutter through, same for crafting.
I went to nether and yeah, lycanites is a new kind of hell with 1.10. With those flying skulls attacking you and moving around like a bat on crack, and you are no longer able to spam your attack, it's 100 times more deadly than before. I am literally just running away as much as possible now lol. Overworld not too worried tho.
I had railcraft in the update I played and only option I had was the bucket. No bottles, no cells. Just a bucket. If this isn't intended then it's more likely a bug of some sort.

Frugal

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any form of chunk loader in the pack? I am trying to quarry in the Nether and I can not keep the RFTools builder quarry in the Nether and the power source in the Overworld both loaded at the same time.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any form of chunk loader in the pack? I am trying to quarry in the Nether and I can not keep the RFTools builder quarry in the Nether and the power source in the Overworld both loaded at the same time.
You can use FTB utilities to claim and then chunk load those, or there is thing from Random things that will keep a chunk loaded.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Recently did some major updates to the pack

Version 0.4.1
===============
---------------
-REMINDER: Use the command "/bq_admin default load" in worlds created before this patch to see new quests
-IMPORTANT!: Make a backup of your world save before loading it after the update, if upddating from a version prior to 0.4.0 you MAY need to copy file QuestProgress.json from the old location out of your backup, and overwrite the file by the same name in it's new location in the /minecraft/saves/(YOURSAVE)/betterquesting/ after loading it once with the update then logging out.
---------------
-Bunch of quests added
-Fixed crash with Bees quests
-Updates some mods
-Updated Forge version
-Removed Better Questing RF expansion mod and related quest
-Added quests to help with essesive hearts and for folks that choice to play with hardcore mode off
-Moved soulgazer and summon wand quest to gear quest line
-Renamed Beastiary to Repeatables
-Added a recipe for Applied Energistics ender pearl dust

Version 0.4.0
===============
-Updates to many mods
-Added mod AppleSkin
-Added mod AgriCraft
-Added mod Applied Energistics 2
-Added mod Bibliocraft
-Added mod Fence Overhaul
-Added mod Placeable Items
-Added mod Rope Bridge
-Added mod Baubles
-Added mod Davincis Vessels
-Added mod Advanced Rocketry
-Added mod Translocators
-Added mod JEI Bees
-Added mod OpenModularTurrets2
-Added mod Bed Bugs
-Added mod TrashSlot
-Added mod Cyberware
-Removed wands from loot tables
-Recipe intergration for AE2 (world gen disabled, some other things disabled and other things shifted to crafting recipes)
-Recipe added for Robosurgeon

S

Slayforfun

I was wondering if there are any ways to automate resource collection, like a quarry or something? Some of the recipes are already a big pain but having to mine for all individual resources is even worse especially after you already get some infrastructure set up

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
You should add Foamfix. Considering how much ram the modpack uses, it really needs Foamfix.