1.1.0: v1.1.1 Thermal Dynamics servo back-stuff causes CPU 100%

Wolwrig

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
When a "back-stuff" event happens on a servo the CPU jumps to 100% and the game eventually times out. This appears to have been fixed in the latest version of Thermal Dynamics.

Mod & Version:
Thermal Dynamics 1.0.0.RC2

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log: None, no crash just hang.

Can it be repeated:
Yes, put a servo on an itemduct and setup anything that will cause a back-stuff event on the servo. My test was to transfer ore into four pulverizers from a chest using round-robin distribution . This will eventually cause a back-stuff event on the servo feeding the pulverizer and that's when things go badly.

Known Fix:
My anecdotal fix is to update to the latest Thermal Dynamics. As of this writing I've tested version 1.0.0RC7-98 and it seems to be behaving correctly.

Last edited:

Dannyaaaa

Jul 29, 2019
Between updating did you restart or shutdown your computer? Sometimes with mine, any application I open, will take my CPU to 100% for some odd reason.

OfficerLovejoy

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm your findings 100%.

I have had the same problem with the servos on itemducts whenever a backlog happened. My memory jumped to 90% and quickly filled up to 100% and froze the game for several seconds only to jump back to 90% and then filling up again in a matter of seconds.

Updating Thermal Dynamics to the latest version did the trick for me and fixed the problem.

I am highly recommending a hotfix for the pack, since this is kinda gamebreaking if you don't have a backup of your world.