Open 1.1.0: TT Infused Seeds recipe only makes Aer?

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
For some reason, the infusion recipe for Infused Seeds will only produce Aer seeds, no matter what shards I use. I haven't tried all of the shards yet, but so far I've tried both entropy and water shards and they both produce Aer seeds.

Mod & Version:
Thaumic Tinkerer

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes. All you have to do to see for yourself is make the infusion recipe for Infused Seeds with any shard other than air and you will get Aer seeds instead of the expected result.

Known Fix:

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
@Xavion if you have a moment: you're the only person I know who could be considered an expert on these things.
I found some stuff on github and apparently not long ago he made some kind of minetweaker fix for it, but in it he references some kind of "infinity stone" thing that he forgot the name of, apparently from a mod called InfinityCore or something which doesn't seem to exist at least in this modpack. I actually found the revised version of it which references the ID as InfinityCore:itemMaterial:17 and tried the script but it didn't actually seem to do anything.

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the actual script in case you might know anything about it, since this is complete nonsense to me:
Code:
// Fix Infused Crops
Research.orphanResearch("INFUSED_POTIONS");
Research.removeResearch("INFUSED_POTIONS");
Research.addResearch("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", "TT_CATEGORY", "aqua 5, perditio 5", 7, -5, 2, <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "ignis"}]}}));
game.setLocalization("en_US", "tc.research_name.GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", "Infused Crops");
game.setLocalization("en_US", "tc.research_text.GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", "[TT] Who said bees? No one said bees.");
Research.addPrereq("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", "BRIGHT_NITOR", false);
Research.addPrereq("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", "INFUSION", true);
Infusion.removeRecipe(<ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>);
Infusion.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <minecraft:wheat_seeds>, [<Thaumcraft:ItemShard:6>, <Thaumcraft:ItemShard:6>, <Thaumcraft:ItemShard:6>, <Thaumcraft:ItemShard:6>], "meto 32, messis 32", <InfinityCore:itemMaterial:17>, 5);
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "aer"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <InfinityCore:itemMaterial:17>, "aer 8");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "ignis"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <InfinityCore:itemMaterial:17>, "ignis 8");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "aqua"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <InfinityCore:itemMaterial:17>, "aqua 8");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "terra"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <InfinityCore:itemMaterial:17>, "terra 8");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "ordo"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <InfinityCore:itemMaterial:17>, "ordo 8");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "perditio"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <InfinityCore:itemMaterial:17>, "perditio 8");
Research.clearPages("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS");
Research.addPage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", "ttresearch.page.INFUSED_POTIONS.0");
Research.addPage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", "ttresearch.page.INFUSED_POTIONS.1");
Research.addPage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", "ttresearch.page.INFUSED_POTIONS.2");
Research.addPage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", "ttresearch.page.INFUSED_POTIONS.3");
Research.addPage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", "ttresearch.page.INFUSED_POTIONS.4");
Research.addPage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", "ttresearch.page.INFUSED_POTIONS.5");
Research.addInfusionPage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <InfinityCore:itemMaterial:17>);
Research.addCruciblePage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>);
Research.addCruciblePage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedPotion:0>);
Research.addCruciblePage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedPotion:1>);
Research.addCruciblePage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedPotion:2>);
Research.addCruciblePage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedPotion:3>);

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
Know what, I think that may actually be because it's some fix for a modpack called InfiniTech or something. Just noticed that the github thing that was referenced in an issue in the TT github pertaining to this was for InfiniTech.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Infitech, and that makes sense. We're both members of that team and Xavion regularly submits pull requests/issues on various mods.

In the meantime, he'll show up eventually and share his wisdom :)

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
Infitech, and that makes sense. We're both members of that team and Xavion regularly submits pull requests/issues on various mods.

In the meantime, he'll show up eventually and share his wisdom :)
Maybe he's like Bloody Mary or Biggie Smalls, where you have to say his name 3 times while looking into a mirror in a dark room holding a lit candle.

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
It's becoming increasingly frustrating that I have absolutely no idea how I would even begin to fix this and also the fact that despite my persistent googling, I can't find any fixes for this.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It's becoming increasingly frustrating that I have absolutely no idea how I would even begin to fix this and also the fact that despite my persistent googling, I can't find any fixes for this.
Chill on it for a while friend. I asked him only a couple hours ago. I even pinged him on our infitech discord channel. He may be sleeping.

There aren't a lot of people who know a lot about infused seeds, so I'm not shocked there's little info out there. Xavion knows more about the subject than anyone else I know.

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
I've actually been looking at the classes and such in jd-gui to try and make sense of this, but I found the exact class handling the infused seeds recipe and I just don't see how or why this would happen.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm here now, was just sleeping. Anyway the main thing of note I discovered is that you can differentiate by NBT with the crucible and arcane worktable but not the infusion altar, I got it done in Infitech but having a custom item added so it could try and more closely match the normal process but that's unneeded and it can be made just the arcane worktable or crucible. For example with just the crucible the following should work.

Code:
// Fix Infused Crops
Research.addResearch("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", "TT_CATEGORY", "aqua 5, perditio 5", 7, -5, 2, <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "ignis"}]}}));
game.setLocalization("en_US", "tc.research_name.GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", "Infused Crops");
game.setLocalization("en_US", "tc.research_text.GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", "[TT] Who said bees? No one said bees.");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "aer"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <minecraft:wheat_seeds>, "aer 32, messis 32, meto 32");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "ignis"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <minecraft:wheat_seeds>, "ignis 32, messis 32, meto 32");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "aqua"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <minecraft:wheat_seeds>, "aqua 32, messis 32, meto 32");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "terra"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <minecraft:wheat_seeds>, "terra 32, messis 32, meto 32");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "ordo"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <minecraft:wheat_seeds>, "ordo 32, messis 32, meto 32");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "perditio"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <minecraft:wheat_seeds>, "perditio 32, messis 32, meto 32");
Research.addCruciblePage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedPotion:0>);
Research.addCruciblePage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedPotion:1>);
Research.addCruciblePage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedPotion:2>);
Research.addCruciblePage("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedPotion:3>);

So the main thing to note is that I've swapped the seeds to a crucible recipe of 32 messis, 32 meto, and 32 of the primal aspect the seed is with an item of a normal wheat seed. The reason why I remove the research and add a replacement instead of just clearing pages and readding is because of weirdness with TT that screws up localization of pages if you attempt to do that. It'll also only display one of the recipes, I could make it display them all but that'd be trickier, simpler to just do it this way and assume people are smart to realise swapping from aer to ignis is needed to get ignis seeds. I've never figured out how to get it to do the thing where it cycles through a bunch of recipes in a single page so if you do mention it please.

Also one important thing to note is you have to be using TT 517 or earlier, builds are here. Some kind of bug caused by the ender io farmer support crashes your game if you try to harvest them otherwise.

Reactions: Pyure

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
I'm here now, was just sleeping. Anyway the main thing of note I discovered is that you can differentiate by NBT with the crucible and arcane worktable but not the infusion altar, I got it done in Infitech but having a custom item added so it could try and more closely match the normal process but that's unneeded and it can be made just the arcane worktable or crucible. For example with just the crucible the following should work.

Code:
// Fix Infused Crops
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "aer"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <minecraft:wheat_seeds>, "aer 32, messis 32, meto 32");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "ignis"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <minecraft:wheat_seeds>, "ignis 32, messis 32, meto 32");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "aqua"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <minecraft:wheat_seeds>, "aqua 32, messis 32, meto 32");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "terra"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <minecraft:wheat_seeds>, "terra 32, messis 32, meto 32");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "ordo"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <minecraft:wheat_seeds>, "ordo 32, messis 32, meto 32");
Crucible.addRecipe("GT_INFUSED_POTIONS", <ThaumicTinkerer:infusedSeeds>.withTag({mainAspect: {Aspects: [{amount: 1, key: "perditio"}]}, aspectTendencies: {Aspects: []}}), <minecraft:wheat_seeds>, "perditio 32, messis 32, meto 32");

So the main thing to note is that I've swapped the seeds to a crucible recipe of 32 messis, 32 meto, and 32 of the primal aspect the seed is with an item of a normal wheat seed. The reason why I remove the research and add a replacement instead of just clearing pages and readding is because of weirdness with TT that screws up localization of pages if you attempt to do that. It'll also only display one of the recipes, I could make it display them all but that'd be trickier, simpler to just do it this way and assume people are smart to realise swapping from aer to ignis is needed to get ignis seeds. I've never figured out how to get it to do the thing where it cycles through a bunch of recipes in a single page so if you do mention it please.

Also one important thing to note is you have to be using TT 517 or earlier, builds are here. Some kind of bug caused by the ender io farmer support crashes your game if you try to harvest them otherwise.
Thank you very much. It's not specifically the solution I was looking for, but since the problem is otherwise unsolvable this will have to do.

H

hornetcorset

I can say that Xavion is absolutely right here about the cause of this problem. What really bothers me is that I'm all but certain that this issue didn't exist in older versions of Thaumcraft 4. The altar's inability to properly distinguish different types of shards makes for some interesting effects on some other recipes (such as the silverwood wand core), though I would have to consider his solution less than ideal. It is, however, an absolutely genius work-around. As for me, I'm going to go for something a little different, largely because I'd like to keep the infusion aspect in the actual creation of the seeds. Namely, I'm just going to make a simple way to convert between types of seeds (into primals only, of course).