Open 1.1.0: [Solved?] Ender Quarry mysteriously halts, still drawing power

ctate

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I'm trying to use an Ender Quarry, and it establishes boundary and begins mining operations just fine, using power and emitting mined blocks. HOWEVER, after some period of time, it stalls before completion -- continuing to soak power, but making no progress.

In one case, this happened after only 250-ish blocks processed. Breaking the quarry and replacing it caused it to successfully restart operation, but it then halted again at the same blocks-processed count. I tried breaking the quarry in this state, adjusting the markers to make the bounded area slightly differently sized, and restarted the quarry. It wedged after a slightly different blocks-processed count after I did this.

I wonder whether there is some kind of block/entity that is generated in the Infinity pack but which the Ender Quarry can't cope with.

(I'm using a tesseract to deliver power, and have tried using it to accept items as well as having the Ender Quarry push its output into an Ender Chest instead. The wedge behavior is the same in all cases.)

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

ctate

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like this happens when you're using the pump module but fail to actually pump out all of the various liquids that the EQ might encounter along the way. In my case I had a lava-accepting destination but not water, so as soon as it ran into a subsurface water pool it froze, waiting patiently until I had pumped out the water to allow it to proceed.

Not much of a problem in the Nether where you know all you'll find is lava, but in dimensions that can have all kinds of random liquids dotting the landscape it means you have to be careful to account for all the various options.