Open 1.1.0: ProjectRed is Normal Mode

Jinotad

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
This is more of an exploit rather than a bug:

From what I can tell, ProjectRed does not have any of its recipes modified for Expert Mode. This allows some of its machines and redstone logic circuits to bypass the technology gate that were put into place.

An example would be the ProjectRed's timer which only requires 9 redstone and a handful of re-cooked stone; whereas the timer from RFTools requires a Machine Frame (Resonant) to produce.

I'm guessing this mod is already on the to-do list, but wanted to point it out just in case.

Mod & Version:
ProjectRed Core

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Not to mention the Logistics Pipes alternative that doesn't require power...

T

Thrasher1237

Well I am pretty sure that the RFTools one is altered because anything requiring the Machine base needs the resonant machine frame. I do not believe they meant to gimp you entirely in timers or they would have modified the redstone clock recipe as well. The RFTools recipe as stated, is most likely a by product of the same chassis required in other, more advanced machines. This was the same in Infinity evolved expert mode. I am still a newb though, but just my 2 cents.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The Extra Utilities clock only costs 5 redstone and you don't need to cook the stone again.
TBH though I don't know which tech gate you end up bypassing because of this.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk