Open 1.1.0: Not so much a bug as a broken recipe for MFR laser focuses

jazzadellic

Jul 29, 2019
Version:
Minecraft version 1.7.10

What is the bug:
The MFR mining laser focus recipes don't work because they require an MFR stained glass panel in the middle and you can only craft Minecraft stained glass panels. You can go into creative mode and grab the laser focuses but that is kind of annoying and shouldn't be that way.

Mod & Version: FTB Infinity version 1.10.1

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log: N/A

Can it be repeated:
Yes, just try to craft an MFR laser focus and you will see.

Known Fix:
You can grab the laser focuses in creative mode but that might be a problem for someone playing on a server.

jazzadellic

Jul 29, 2019
Did you try to make the ceramic dye first? You need that to make the correct stained glass and panes.
Yes I followed the recipe exactly. I made ceramic dye, which creates stained glass (MFR), but the MFR stained glass ALWAYS makes Minecraft stained glass panels which I think is the actual problem since the final stage of the recipe calls for a MFR stained glass panel. I just tested it again and got the same result. It seems like an easy fix -- just let the laser focus accept minecraft stained glass panel. Or if for some reason that is a bad idea, fix it so that MFR stained glass always makes MFR stained glass panels.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
hmm... I know this wasn't a problem in the 1.6.2 version of the pack. So either an ore dictionary was added for the ceramic stained glass = minecraft stained glass or some minetweaker thing was added. I really should learn more about both.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
@jazzadellic : I found the solution to this broken recipe: You need to look up the recipes available for glass pane from Minecraft, the Minecraft panes themselves are actually used to create the MinefactoryReloaded panels: Simply put a ceramic dye in the top left corner of a crafting grid, and fill the rest of the spaces with the Minecraft glass panes.

I believe this should work for all MinefactoryReloaded glass but haven't tested this. It's an extra crafting step to get to the item you want, but it's not actually a bug, except for the fact that the recipe that shows that the MinefactoryReloaded glass blocks can be used to make the panes when this is not actually the case.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid