1.0.3: MFR Plastic Tank causes disconnect

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

waucka

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I had an MFR Factory Machine Block lying around from an earlier version of the pack, and I wanted to see what I could make with it (since it seems to have been replaced by the Thermal Expansion machine block). I found that I could make an MFR Plastic Tank, so I did. I then placed it in the world, and my client now disconnects when I go anywhere near it. The server continues running.

If I time it just right, I can use a tp command on the server to teleport myself away after my client connects but before it loads the block. The client will still disconnect, but when I reconnect, all will be well until I get near the Plastic Tank again. Seeing as the tank is in my base, this is a big problem.

I should note that this server started life as a single-player world using version 1.0.2 of the pack; I copied the world files over to the server, and this is the first time I've had any real trouble.

Mod & Version:
MFR 2.8.0RC6-5

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
I have not been able to reproduce this in single-player creative mode. I can place as many plastic tanks as I want without any problems.

Known Fix:

waucka

Jul 29, 2019
Hm...I think I'll try copying the world over to my client machine, loading it up as single player, and seeing if that works.

waucka

Jul 29, 2019
That worked. I've now enabled AromaBackup, so hopefully recovering from this kind of thing in the future will be easier.

waucka

Jul 29, 2019
Clarification: by "that worked", I mean "copied world to client, loaded in SSP, removed block, copied back to server, connected from client".

Reactions: Tallinu

Tallinu

Jul 29, 2019
Your update posts just saved us a huge potential headache. I did the exact same thing you did. We had AromaBackup running before updating to 1.0.3 but somehow it got disabled at that point, and has been that way all month.

All I could think of was to attempt removing the plastic tank with MCEdit, but my friend asked if anyone else had this problem... which got me here.