1.0.3: Lag then crash when re-entering save

TheBirdExcalibur

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
After playing for any amount of time i the Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack i will randomly start to lag till i can nolonger move and can barley click the save & quit button, after saving and quitting i re-open my save and the moment i see my inventory bar it crashes and sends me back to the FTB launcher. is this just a common bug for this pack or is this my computer?

My crash log
http://pastebin.com/dbtrQcim

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes, open a save in the modpack, wait for a massive never-ending lag spike, quit the save then re-open it.

Known Fix:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Do you happen to have fastcraft, and or anything else not included in the modpack originally?
Also, have you made any skyblocks from... I think it's extra utilities or openblocks, not sure which.

TheBirdExcalibur

Jul 29, 2019
I did install fast craft for massive lag issues originally because i would lag out without playing for even half an hour, but other than that no, no sky blocks.

Dannyaaaa

Jul 29, 2019
What is the total ram of your computer, and does it have an integrated graphics card? If you do have and integrated graphics card, only give it 1/2 to 3/4 of your total ram. For example, my laptop has and integrated card, and 4 gigabytes of ram total. I give the DW20 pack about 2.5 gigabytes adn get about 20 fps. If I give it 3 gigabytes I only get 5-10 fps. Basically what I'm saying is decrease the ram for DW20 to 3 gigabytes and try again.

TheBirdExcalibur

Jul 29, 2019
My computer has 6 GB's of ram, iv'e had it at less than and between the 3/4 and 1/2 amounts but this problem of it lagging out randomly then leaving the save and re-entering it still happens so i will try 1/2 and 3/4 and see how it goes.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, usual suspects then.
Remove Journeymap, AromaBackup, and....
Okay seriously, if you have no sky blocks what on earth does this console log think it's doing. It's specifically mentioning them as the issue. Not that I think you're mistaken, but the log is being silly. :mad:
Check with MCEdit to see what openblocks you have placed in your world and get rid of any that are transparent if you can. After removing the other two mods though, if that doesn't fix it.

TheBirdExcalibur

Jul 29, 2019
well (not trying to sound rude) i know for a fact that i have placed no blocks from open blocks (say that five times fast"no blocks from open blocks"). If i happen to remove journey map then could i get a not laggy replacement for it because i easily get lost even when my base is just over a small hill.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Opis comes with the pack and is turned off by default, though some people have some console spam issues with it every so often, which is the reason I'm currently not using it, to my dismay.

As to the sky block nonsense, this is the line that's saying that you have a malfunctioning sky block;
openblocks.client.renderer.tileentity.TileEntitySkyRenderer.func_147500_a(TileEntitySkyRenderer.java:42)

But since you have none, something else is masquerading as it for some reason.
This is the supposed location of the offending block;
Block location: World: (1212,19,1267)

Mind going to see what's actually there?

TheBirdExcalibur

Jul 29, 2019
Well i visited that area, i'm glad i put away everything i had because i was spawned inside of stone. there was only stone there, it was in a plains biome so i don't understand why this is happening, however i did find quite a beautiful biome beside it.

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hrrmmm... This has officially gone beyond what I've seen so far. If this continues to be an issue, I guess you'll have to go the "reinstall progressively bigger things" route till something happens. The order of that is, btw;
-backup your save
-reinstall the modpack
-reinstall the launcher
-check, and possibly reinstall, Java