1.0.3: Ender-IO FarmingStation power-buffer bug

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I've set-up a self-powering tree-farm (like Dire did in his series) and try to use it as base-power-source. Every once in a while (actually really often) it drains the full power-buffer at once. Doesn't matter if it's full or just partialy filled.
I know that chopping down trees requires some power, and this multiplies if some trees chooped down together, but it shouldn't drain the whole 250k RF buffer at once.

I can't investigate further as I didn't found any source of information how much power is drained for chopping down one log nor I can find any config, but I guess it's just to much.

If anyone can confirm it or can give me some hints about what I might doning wrong, please post.
If you need screenshots I will do some (it's a very compact build) and try to explain the item and power-flow.

So far, don't know any sulotions.

Mod & Version:
EnderIO-1.7.10-2.2.5.311

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Build up a tree-farm with ender-io farming station.
Use vanilla Oak Sapplings.
Power it by 4 ender-io stirling generators all with double-caps.
See how powere is randomly completly drained when a tree gets chopped down.

Known Fix:
none

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, it seems the bug is even more wired than I thought.
I use a basic cap bank in this system. When connected to the north-side it gets a 380RF+.
When connected on west-side in constant drains power until the whole system runs completly out of power.
It seems there is a major bug with the conduit-power-system (got some wired priority-fails with item-conduits as well) causing this complete mess.

Sadly I think I have to use other mods. Thought I could use Ender-IO as fast easy start mod, but getting such errors ... no way ... back to good ol' IC2+BC ...

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Ok, it seems the bug is even more wired than I thought.
I use a basic cap bank in this system. When connected to the north-side it gets a 380RF+.
When connected on west-side in constant drains power until the whole system runs completly out of power.
It seems there is a major bug with the conduit-power-system (got some wired priority-fails with item-conduits as well) causing this complete mess.

Sadly I think I have to use other mods. Thought I could use Ender-IO as fast easy start mod, but getting such errors ... no way ... back to good ol' IC2+BC ...

Minefactory Reloaded is in this modpack, and works fine to harvest and replant trees. It may even be simpler to program piping setup for, too! Do note that you will need to properly configure whatever you're using to convert the input wood to charcoal, be it a steam boiler or an Alloy Furnace from Ender IO.

I have found that if you can find the particular vanilla biome they spawn in, Acacia Wood Saplings produce a very good amount of wood and a suitable number of saplings, and thus do very well on the planting and harvesting when used in MineFactory Reloaded machines.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Thx for your awnser mate, but it doesn't really help. The main problem is that there is nothing else than Ender-IO-condits to transfer items, liquids, RF-energy and even AE-network through one single block. Sure I can go crazy like Soaryn and do this p2p-madness (it's surely a way I might go in some future) and use other mods like BC (ah, good ol' times ... before I met Ender-IO) like I'm currently do paired with MFR.
And I like ender-io and like to use it, but as for me it seems there is a heavy bug in the conduit-system wich somehow drains power into the void when connected to one side ... and magicly generates more power out of nothing when connected to another side.
Yea, I know about the vanilla "Z-X-rule" and how it affects mods and what mod-authors try to compensate it, but for a "technical" mod wich transmits "power" as "packets" it should irrelvant on wich sides two blocks are connected eachother (conduit and cap-bank).

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Thx for your awnser mate, but it doesn't really help. The main problem is that there is nothing else than Ender-IO-condits to transfer items, liquids, RF-energy and even AE-network through one single block. Sure I can go crazy like Soaryn and do this p2p-madness (it's surely a way I might go in some future) and use other mods like BC (ah, good ol' times ... before I met Ender-IO) like I'm currently do paired with MFR.
And I like ender-io and like to use it, but as for me it seems there is a heavy bug in the conduit-system wich somehow drains power into the void when connected to one side ... and magicly generates more power out of nothing when connected to another side.
Yea, I know about the vanilla "Z-X-rule" and how it affects mods and what mod-authors try to compensate it, but for a "technical" mod wich transmits "power" as "packets" it should irrelvant on wich sides two blocks are connected eachother (conduit and cap-bank).

What is this 'vanilla "z-x" rule' you speak of? If it's simply that, why not just avoid it's affected directions?

As for the Ender IO bug you speak of, have you made sure to report it to the appropriate bug-reporting site so the modpack author can fix it?

Are you also aware that Minefactory Reloaded planters can be placed underneath the grass block directly, thus giving you access to five of it's sides with pipes instead of just one as with Ender IO? I know the piping feature of this mod allows multiple pipes of it's own to go into one block but if you are having issues with it and need something functional in the meantime while you wait for bugfixes, you should definitely consider alternatives available to you.

That's all I'm saying, no need to drive yourself crazy trying to stay within one mod, because it's completely unnecessary for simple wood generation! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
What is this 'vanilla "z-x" rule' you speak of?
Read the MC-wiki about it.
so the modpack author can fix it
Well, the modpack author is the FTB-team. I guess you meant the mod-author of Ender-IO itself. Doesn't matter as for me it's a fault of the FTB-team not correctly testing thier pack and givin' a shit about to relay this whole bug-report-section filled with so many detailed bugs to the mod-authors as they should. It doesn't matter if a mod gets fixed but FTB-team not usin the fixed version or messing up configs. So the bug might still occur even if it is fixed in the latest mod-release and works on its own.

I tried MFR and got a pretty good farm up and running with it. Currently I'm kinda out of power, so I'm tryin to fix this first, then come back to the farm-thing ... (currently using MFR with BC to pipe items and power; works just perfect).