1.0.3: AE2 tick lag

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Krutontar

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Epic tick lag around .5tps.
We tore everything apart. Made backups and ripped one mod out at a time. The only culprit we can find is AE2.
Due to the nature of channels, our base was very modularized and easy to troubleshoot by shutting down individual sections. Alas, there was no specific configuration that was at fault. The more we disconnected, the better the lag got regardless of what we disconnected or in what order. Nothing but the amount of stuff had any effect.
When thing were getting desperate we even disabled channels. This helped briefly until we added more stuff.
Here is the current level of complexity.
21432mu.jpg

r19yfs.jpg

Mod & Version:
AE2

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes

Known Fix:
Remove things from the network :(

lolatbob

Jul 29, 2019
AE crafting multiblocks that go through multiple chunks spew out their items/ingredients upon chunk unloading for whatever reasons (My guess is demons).
This might not be the same issue, but has been a fairly big one on the server I play on, causing it to lag out and clients to come to a laggy halt.
If it is this problem, the solution is to make the multiblocks in a single chunk. Other than this, I can't think of what else could be causing it (current network in use is much larger than yours appears and has no issues that I know of)

Krutontar

Jul 29, 2019
All of our autocrafting blocks are in a single chuck. Our base is built around chunk boundaries so that just happened on its own.