Closed 1.0.3: 1.2.0 : Thermal Expansion Induction Smelter Input Issue

recoil101

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:

Attempted to place various materials into the input slots on a TE induction smelter. The right hand input slot accepts all materials, the left hand accepts none. Attempted various permutations of recipe for Refined Iron as displayed in NEI, having successfully made it in other modpacks. Have attempted both manual input and piped, same result.

Mod & Version:
Thermal Expansion 4.0.0RC1-119

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Tested in creative, same result

Known Fix:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Its working perfectly.

If you lock the flux slot, the right side will only accept some items, like pyrotheum dust.
If unlocked, it will accept any item that belongs to a valid recipe. Notice that after inserting the first item in one of the slots, the other slot will refuse any item that is not a valid recipe.

And refine iron recipe changed no longer accepting charcoal, it needs to be pulverized coal/charcoal

recoil101

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for info. Still can't figure out how to make refined iron though. Only thing that I've found that it will accept is sand. Won't take iron ingots, pulverised iron, pulverized charcoal or pulverized coal.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you dont have the flux slot locked. Both squares should show empty.

After that, iron ingot and pulverized coal should work.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
The induction smelter should have a new button in the center that says 'lock/unlock something' when you mouse over it.

recoil101

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, ok thanks. Turned my resource pack off and sure enough, the button appeared! I need to wait for the texture pack to be updated. many thanks

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Don't feel bad, I reported it to KingLemming and I had a resource pack also! Glad you got it sorted.