1.0.2: "Terrain Smasher" (Thermal Expansion) do not interact with "Item Conduit" (EnderIO)

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Fjolnir Dvorak

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
While I was testing the Modpack Direwolf20 searching bugs, I discovered, that the "Item Conduits" from "EnderIO" do not connect to the "Terrain Smasher" from "Thermal Expansion". I configured every possible side of the smasher to output and tried the same setup with no success.
After that I tried the connection between the "Insulated Redstone Conduit" and the "Terrain Smasher", which connected to each other like they should.

Mod & Version:
Thermal Expansion

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
It can be repeated in singleplayer and multiplayer

Known Fix:

Jakalth

Jul 29, 2019
Terrain smasher auto outputs into an adjacent inventory. For some reason, this prevents the conduit from connecting. They do not work with BC pipes either. The Terrain smasher only seems to work with the Extra utilities transfer node/pipe or possibly with the mfr plastic tube.

Fjolnir Dvorak

Jul 29, 2019
That is true, but the Terrain smasher has an internal inventoryslot or something related to this. It seems logical that the conduits can't connect to the Terrain smasher, because the conduits from Ender-IO have no abstract Inventory in which the Item could be pushed in contrast to the transfer node from Extra Utilities. But on the same point of view the Terrain-smasher has theoretically an internal inventoryslot, which is hidden to the player. From these the conduits should be able to pull the items.

The interesting part of that is that the "Block Breaker" from MFR and OpenBlocks accept the conduits, but the player has no interface to interact with the machine. So I don't think it is intendet from Thermal Expansion to behave like this :/

Working with Terrain Smasher: (This has their own inventoryslots)
Chest
Transfer-Pipe

Not working:
AE Storage- & Import-bus
Item Conduits (EnderIO)
Buildcraft: Wooden Transport Pipe

Last edited:

Jakalth

Jul 29, 2019
And it is odd that the other Thermal expansion machines I have tried, furnace, pulverizer, smelter, transposer and even the autonomous activator, cause no issues with the Ender IO item conduits. So it does seem to be a problem associated with just the Terrain Smasher.

I have also tried both the Open Blocks block breaker, and the MFR block breaker and can confirm that whatever issue the terrain smasher has, is not shared by them.

It is a bit of an annoyance being limited to chest buffers or transfer nodes for use with the terrain smasher.

Zachary

Jul 29, 2019
You may need to add the expansion module (Thermal Expansion) to the Terrain Smasher.....This is a new thing in Thermal Expansion