1.0.2: Memory leak or Java being stupid

dorian_phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I watch with task manager as Java grows fast in using up ram and its sucking dry a 6 core processor to the point where almost nothing else can be done (80+% usage), then the client crashes. If I can manage to get in, I cant do anything. FPS is under 10 and the processor gets to the point of overheating.
Attempted to lower the active cores on the processor to no effect. Java seems to take over for no reason.

I went into work and inquired with my department (IT - Hi Tech) as to what could be the issue and we all agree there is a memory leak somewhere but no explanation as to the cpu usage.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Every time I try to launch the client

Known Fix:
none so far

Fjolnir Dvorak

Jul 29, 2019
Do you tried the Java-optimization-commands?
For Java 1.7:
-Xms4096m -XX:permSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc

Java 1.8 do not support PermSize. If you remove this it should work fine, but I can give no warranty. Also you should set the used RAM to max 3.5-4GB. It could be possible that this could help a bit with that Problem

PS: The Smiley is a ":" and a "P".

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem.

I tried a bunch of diferent things, all kinds of java parameters. all kinds of ram ammounts allocated. Java 8, java 7... etc etc. It seems to me that is something tied do timeVsblock-changes.

Example: If i am in my base, doing some crafting and build small contraptions, it works fine for more than 1 to 2 hours at 150fps+. But if i run around, dig alot, change alot of landscape.... the fps will start to sink to 10..sometimes 5, its more breaks than stuttering and then bounce back to 100ish, but that every 2 seconds is unplayable.
This will happen one way or another either way.

I changed so many things that there was one session could play for 4 or 5h straight and had good fps all along the session, but i don't know what happened, the day after, i had the problem again.

The fix its just close the client, and start again, a pc reboot is even better. I have not tried, but 1.0.3 version of the pack may actually fix this.

Another thing: If you are playing with botania, this will happen much quicker, i just can't recreate. But at some point it seemed to me that way.

Is it safe to upgrade to 1.0.3? Because i'm out of options in 1.0.2.