1.0.2: ME chest not accepting items from pipes

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Zajo

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
If you try to put items in the ME chest using the ENderIO item conduits or Extra utilities pipes and nodes it won't work. Import bus is working fine.

Video:

Mod & Version:
appliedenergistics2-rv2-alpha-17

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes.

Known Fix:
??

Last edited:

Zajo

Jul 29, 2019
It says on the Applied energestics 2 wiki that the items can be injected into the ME chests like any other inventory. It is working fine in my old 1.6 world with applied energestis 1 and extra utilities pipes.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hum. Well your setup seems fine. I'm guessing you were trying it this way, with the extra vanilla chest, because you noticed it beforehand, so it's likely not a sorting issue.
Have you tried this with things other than the TE storage? Like a vanilla chest as the origin point, just in case it's the strongbox with the issue.
If you have... This is then probably a AE only issue, in which case I encourage you to go bug the developer and find out what he did to make a ME chest something other than an inventory. XD

Zajo

Jul 29, 2019
This first happend to me in my survival world where I was pulling items from the diamond chest and sorting them so its not the TE4 that has a bug. Also sometimes when I tried to break and replace ME chests they would drop random items. And the exsiting item filters are not working with ME chests.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Try downloading AE2 on it's own and see if the problem persists?
Other than that, you might need to do some magical tracing (read, use a program) to track what's happening.

Jakalth

Jul 29, 2019
From the video, it seems like it could be a storage priority issue. Might be Ender IO is not recognizing the ME chest as a preferred inventory so is automatically dropping the items into the vanilla chest with priority? Try setting a higher priority to the output going to the ME chest and see if that has any effect at all.

I'm guessing you've tried all sides of the me chest as well? Might be acting funny that way...

The Item Conduits do have a few quirks about them, it should be noted. They can sometimes refuse to cooperate completely and for no reason at all. And moments later, start working fine again. It's like they are self aware or something? But... They are too nice not to use.

Zajo

Jul 29, 2019
I also tested this with the extra utilities transfer nodes and pipes. Still not working.

Zajo

Jul 29, 2019
So I think there is a small buffer inventory in the ME chest where items get inserted before they are inserted into the storage cell. When I try to insert an item that is not allowed in the storage cell it gets stuck in that inventory and that item is blocking every other item that pipes are trying to insert in the ME chest.