1.0.2: Direwolf20 1.7.10 (v1.0.2) NEI not showing Vanilla Potions

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Merpz

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I've tried to use NEI to see the recipe for vanilla Minecraft potions. However it does not show them. It seems to be unable to look them up somehow. If i look at a netherwart and click my way around it it can see the recipe but I can't search for the potion. I have not modified the modpack in any way.

Mod & Version:
neiaddons-mc1710-1.12.2.9

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
I asked in mIRC chat and someone was able to see the problem instantly.

Known Fix:
Go into the this folder: you FTB installation folder -> direwolf20_17-> minecraft-> config-> INpureProjects-> custom_nei_filders in this folder there is a file called vanilla.js open this file with notepad.

Remove the following:
NEI.override("minecraf:potion", [0]);

Save the file and start your game! Done you can now see the vanilla potions.

The smiley is ofc not there in the code it's a : and a P so you kinda have to use them brains I know you have :D

Last edited:

Merpz

Jul 29, 2019
I've discovered that NEI shuts off totally if when you "focus it". Double clicking the search bar does this. Not sure what it's called but it's used to search for specific items. The only fix I've found is to reinstall. :(

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I think the potion thing has been addressed in a previous thread, I believe they found a solution as well.

Merpz

Jul 29, 2019
I think the potion thing has been addressed in a previous thread, I believe they found a solution as well.

Thanks! I'll look for it.

I've discovered that NEI shuts off totally if when you "focus it". Double clicking the search bar does this. Not sure what it's called but it's used to search for specific items. The only fix I've found is to reinstall. :(

On this matter, it seems to be when you have it highlighted and open a few chest in a row. Not if you instantly turn off the highlight thing.

Merpz

Jul 29, 2019
The sollution for the vanilla potion is as follows:

Go into the this folder: you FTB installation folder -> direwolf20_17-> minecraft-> config-> INpureProjects-> custom_nei_filders in this folder there is a file called vanilla.js open this file with notepad.

Remove the following:
NEI.override("minecraft:potion", [0]);

Save the file and start your game! Done you can now see the vanilla potions.

I think the choice to automatically hide vanilla potions is strange! But hey at least we can fix it? :D

Last edited: