1.0.2: (Bad)Solution to lag/freezing

cscottydont

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Lag spikes every few seconds upon loading any save (single player), eventually culminating in a freeze that made me ctrl+alt+delete the process. Unplayable amounts of lag.

Running a "gaming" computer with plenty of RAM/good gfx card/64bit java

I saw a number of posts while sifting through this forum with the same story.

Mod & Version:
pretty sure its journey map

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
yes, every time I load a save with default journey map settings

Known Fix:
Things I did:
1. disable mob/villager tracking and cave view for onscreen maps
2.disable web map
3.changed an awful lot of the advanced settings
-set all settings dealing with entity caching to max
-doubled the setting for chunk update checking
-set horizontal and vertical radar distances to min
<EDIT>
4.add fastcraft to your mod list - http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10820

The suggestion below was rather spot on. I have no idea what this mod does exactly but I now only get frame rate hitches when transitioning quickly between chunks. i.e. when exploring or sprinting through previously generated chunks.

</EDIT>

These changes make the pack playable but still give me occasional frame rate hitches.
Tried using opis map instead but its super ugly in comparison and still gives lag/freezing issues with less customization.

Would be nice if there was a third less lag inducing map option.

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Also try installing Zan's minimap or similar. Just whatever map program works for you.

rockerBOO

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issues as this. Tried removing all map mods. Installing optifine, fastcraft helped my FPS a lot, but had the same 0-1fps full crunching CPU while checking inventory or crafting tables. Or going to the nether.

I have just found that I had 2 versions of Java installed. Java 7 x64 and Java 8. Removing 7 or 8 and keeping one seems to fix the issue. Might be related to how they work together?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh, that'd be why. XD
Having two different versions of a program can cause all kinds of issues, not something you want for your computer unless you really know what you're doing.