1.0.1: Unable to appoint OPS to server

Vapedoom

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Have tried editing the OPS file and the NEI config but I still don't have commands available

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
The ops.txt got changed to a ops.json, so you cannot anymore just add the names like in 1.6.4 version. If it's your server open the server console and type :
op <your nick>
You should get a response : "opped <your nick>".
Same for white-list.

Vapedoom

Jul 29, 2019
ok Thanks so does that mean that any player on my server can op themselves now?[DOUBLEPOST=1414989922][/DOUBLEPOST]nevermind you said server console thought chat console it worked thnx

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm, no, they can't. As I said : you need access to the server console itself. This is NOT the chat. Also if you set op-level to at least 3 you can use/op command if you already opped.

Allow me to ask : is this the first time you "host a MC-server" ? If yes : you should ask for some basic help as it seems you need some.

Vapedoom

Jul 29, 2019
I've hosted many different 1.6.x servers just didn't know about not being able to edit the .json files thanks

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, of course you can edit JSON-files, but it's not as easy as it was in 1.6 builds. Use OP or check out white-list : they altered them both so they use some kind of auth-token or uid in addition to the user-name. I think this could be pre-prepartions for the planed username/nick -change announced by Mojang. Otherwise it could just be another security-feature against hackers/cheaters and people using cracked clients.