1.0.1: Twilight Crashed Server: Exception getting block type in world

Nailbunny

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Twilight crashed my world save on server. First crash happened to a friend on the server. He died to a prickly bush. World was still accessible once the server was restarted, and he spawned in as if it were a few second before he died.

The second, and fatal crash was when we both were in the Twilight. He was morphed in to a bat. I was morphed in to a blaze. We found a maze and started looting chests. Next thing we knew the server crashed. I restarted it, spawned in, and second later it crashed again.

We reverted to a previous backup and covered the Twilight portal. I can provide the crashed world save if desired.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/bf71970d

Can it be repeated:
It occurred three times. The third seemed to be a repeat of the second, but I'm not absolutely sure. I was reluctant to test it further.

Known Fix:
Stay out of the Twilight.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Getting the same error when someone tries to go to the twilight. I also didnt change anything from the modpack so a clean dw20 1.7.10 1.0.1 pack
The server doesnt crash but the person who enters the twilight just disconnects and cant join anymore until i port him/her back to the overworld.

Server error log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/1d431d08

Edit: Also tried deleting the dim -15 folder and remaking the portal ingame yet to no avail. In singleplayer you can make a portal and go to the twilight without a hitch so i think the problem lies somewhere in the server files.

Last edited:

Nailbunny

Jul 29, 2019
I tried Twilight Forest 2.3.2 to see if it resolved the problem. I was able to run around in the Twlight for about 5 minutes before the server crashed. I restarted the server and logged back in to an immediat crash, so I reverted to a backup and went back to 2.3.1 to stay in line with the pack.

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/092d7ede

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to fix the problem.
Turns out that 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 server worlds corrupt the way the twilight dimension is generated. I made a 2nd server running 1.0.2 and created a new world and opened a portal to the twilight and let the twilight be generated (do not explore beyond the portal). I then closed that server and copied the dim -15 folder to my old server (be sure to delete the old dim -15 folder first) and started my old server. Then i created a new portal to the twilight and it sort off worked. The area previously generated on the new server is bugged because trees are made of portal blocks and naga stone is replaced by crafting tables and all of those funky things.
New chunks that are generated seem to work fine up till now so fingers crossed.
Just dont linger too long in the wierd spawn for too long xD

Nailbunny

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a formal way to upgrade a server/world to 1.0.2 and just let it recreate the Twlight Forest? Could I just delete the dim-15 folder?

Nailbunny

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, I was able to recreate the Twilight Forest by deleting DIM-15. I had deconstructed the portal in the Overwold before taking the server offline to do so.

I didn't spend any time running around to see if the issue is completely resolved. I only had time to pop in and make sure it existed before returning and logging off.