1.0.1: TPS problems from Ender IO or Enetbridge

Arvetis

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I have DW20 installed on a Creeperhost server. It's been having frequent TPS problems and skipping ticks. Creeperhost support believes that this is being caused either by Ender IO or Enetbridge. They recommend I disable both of them. I don't want to do that, as I use a lot of EnderIO machines and I believe Enetbridge is what lets me power MJ machines with RF, which I do constantly. Is there anything to Creeperhost's appraisal of the situation? I did notice that DW20 doesn't have the newest version of Ender IO.

Mod & Version:
Ender IO 2.1.7.254, Enetbridge 1.4

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Arvetis

Jul 29, 2019
According to Opis, the biggest problem blocks are places with a lot of mobs - particularly ocean areas where squid plants have spawned a dozen or so squids. It really doesn't seem like that should be enough to bring the server to its knees - I have the CH package recommended for FTB. I'm wondering why their support went right to EnderIO and enetbridge, though.

Arvetis

Jul 29, 2019
CH support now telling me that Opis's findings are unreliable, and that it's totally enderIO and enetbridge. Hmmmmm.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
CH support now telling me that Opis's findings are unreliable, and that it's totally enderIO and enetbridge. Hmmmmm.
Opis is certainly not unreliable...I am unsure whom would have told you this.
Can you private message me your ticket ID?

Thank you!

Arvetis

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I don't really want to get anyone in trouble... especially as it's starting to look like they're right! After another day of TPS problems even after humanely putting down the squid, I decided to disable enetbridge. The problem isn't totally gone, but it's vastly improved. Unfortunately, it really puts a crimp in my power grid, as I have zero MJ production setup.

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
We have enetbridge problems on our server too, it's producing an unholy amount of server log spam - every day our server admin trims the logfile and all the lag that has slowly built up over the day suddenly disappears. And the backup process changes from being ~20 seconds each time to a fraction of a second again.

seriousvern

Jul 29, 2019
this is with very few players on 15 or so tps is still 20 when this as taken but when 25 to 30 players get on it can goto 65 to 70%
Y0Yn819.png

I too have found that opis is very unreliable to find lag causes. IE it says i have no real issues but tps is down to 10 sometimes with enet showing heavy usage with warmroast but no mention of it in opis at all

Hangmanuk

Jul 29, 2019
Received this from Creeperhost this morning....

I have been investigating your issues on your server and have managed to find what is causing you problems.

Here is a snippet from your log:
"[enetbridge/]: Detected new dirs for crazypants.enderio.conduit.TileConduitBundle@667ffdf1:"

I need to recommend that you disable EnetBridge 1.4 from your control panel -> minecraft tab -> mod manager.

Ive also added a screen shot of the Creeperhost c-panel, this is with just the server running, no map has been created and no one is on the server :(

M6oFPSi.jpg

Last edited: