1.0.1: Thermal Exp Ducts & Conduits?

MaGriffw

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Umm... I'm not certain this is a bug, glitch, or a mistake, or if it was just not installed in the mod pack itself, but it seems the Thermal Exp. Conduits & Fluiducts are... well missing.
I could maybe understand if there'd been an announcement (made obvious by DW himself) but I haven't seen anything saying the main piping for TE, and thus several other mods I use it with, would be just... gone?.. lol

Anyone else seen this; can clarify?

Griff ^..^/

Mod & Version:
DW20 v1.0.1 Modpack

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes, since I can't even find the ID list to see if it was meant to be installed/left out.

Known Fix:

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, just another of those false reports ...

If you watch ForgeCraft-series and ne S7 and try to use Google (or at least the forum search) you would know : TW-Ducts was removed as there was found a major issue in the 1.6.4 build. Also : the 1.7.10 build is planed to be more modular. TE-Ducts will be released as a add-on as soon as ready.

MaGriffw

Jul 29, 2019
Well thanks for that helpful, if not condescending answer. Because we all know that people with busy schedules have loads of time to check every source available. Something that should be noted though: Funny thing about searching is; haven't you noticed, with the millions of ways to edit a search, you still get a million answers to the same question, and none of them (occasionally 1 or 2 will be close,) give you what you'd hoped for.

I've no problem with your answer, but I find your lack of pleasant attitude disturbing. So next time, don't... just don't. Because that condescension only makes me and others look in other directions than FTB for their modding.

Reactions: dark_hunter

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Well thanks for that helpful, if not condescending answer. Because we all know that people with busy schedules have loads of time to check every source available. Something that should be noted though: Funny thing about searching is; haven't you noticed, with the millions of ways to edit a search, you still get a million answers to the same question, and none of them (occasionally 1 or 2 will be close,) give you what you'd hoped for.

I've no problem with your answer, but I find your lack of pleasant attitude disturbing. So next time, don't... just don't. Because that condescension only makes me and others look in other directions than FTB for their modding.

The thing is something simple like going to the mod website would have told you this as well.

MaGriffw

Jul 29, 2019
And yet.. it didn't. Also searching for said site brings up... nothing; big surprise.

Also, I think people are forgetting something rather straight forward. If FTB asks for us to report bugs, and we click the form button at the top of the page, you can post your bug, and hope for answers. This automatically posts it to these forums... where we expect nice, courteous replies. Not elitist "better than you" responses that seem to start flaming wars. I don't have patience for attitude. I think I've earned enough rights to ask for a nicer replies from fellow peers.

Many thanks again for the immediate answer, even if the answer also included a lack of respect for other FTB members.

Griff ^..^/

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
The TE ducts were causing serious lag issues so they are being reworked. The good thing though, is that there are even better alternatives in the pack. The alternatives are to use extra utilities conduits, which are relatively cheap for the basic ones. Once you have some resources, the Ender IO conduits are amazing. If you have never used them, I recommend Direwolf's recent mod spotlight of Ender IO. He did a great job showing all the core parts. It is 3 parts, but if I remember right, the conduits are covered in this one.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
And yet.. it didn't. Also searching for said site brings up... nothing; big surprise.

Also, I think people are forgetting something rather straight forward. If FTB asks for us to report bugs, and we click the form button at the top of the page, you can post your bug, and hope for answers. This automatically posts it to these forums... where we expect nice, courteous replies. Not elitist "better than you" responses that seem to start flaming wars. I don't have patience for attitude. I think I've earned enough rights to ask for a nicer replies from fellow peers.

Many thanks again for the immediate answer, even if the answer also included a lack of respect for other FTB members.

Griff ^..^/

I am sorry you think I am an elitist but you could not have searched all that well. I typed "Thermal Expansion no fluiducts" into google and I got this link here.

BladeDancer

Jul 29, 2019
The TE ducts were causing serious lag issues so they are being reworked. The good thing though, is that there are even better alternatives in the pack. The alternatives are to use extra utilities conduits, which are relatively cheap for the basic ones. Once you have some resources, the Ender IO conduits are amazing. If you have never used them, I recommend Direwolf's recent mod spotlight of Ender IO. He did a great job showing all the core parts. It is 3 parts, but if I remember right, the conduits are covered in this one.

I dont have time to watch the video right now, but are the ender io ducts multipart compatible?

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO use facades (not the BC facades). It's a block that is crafted quite easily and can be painted in a painting machine to look like almost any block you want.

The good part about EnderIO is that those conduits can be bundled in one block. You can run power, redstone, itemtransport, fluidtransport all in the same block. And then cover the block up with facades :)

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019

Then you did something obdiously wrong. When you search for differences between 1.6.4 and 1.7.10 build of TE you will get a link to the COFH-page right on the first google-page. On thier site there is a download-section, and on this very page they have a really clear announcement : ducts are not yet supported.

This search and getting this infromation takes about 30sec-1min if you know how to use google and how to write your questions (wich means you know what are you searching for).

Also : I'm a Java-developer myself so I both know what kind of problems all the mod-authors have and be angry about some really stupid made mistakes. But what makes me more angry than some devs making some avoidable mistakes are users not able to use google to get up the dev-site to get the needed informations right from the devs itself. That's what changelogs are for : to be read by the user.

MaGriffw

Jul 29, 2019
Then you did something obdiously wrong... But what makes me more angry than some devs making some avoidable mistakes are users not able to use google to get up the dev-site to get the needed informations right from the devs itself. That's what changelogs are for : to be read by the user.
You know, I said thanks, and yet I'm still being called out. Did I not state that the bug report, which I obviously said from the onset was, I assumed a glitch or mistake? I also stated that I was hoping for a fix of a Clarification. Since when you post a bug report, it posts it to these forums, I'd assume some questions, issues, and similar become repeated. I even believe I said thanks for your less than friendly answer since I wasn't purposely trying to avoid looking. (especially since I had already spent about 5 hours attempting to find this exact information before I asked.)
So, at what point did it become policy to continue this conversation with more negativism? Some people are good at web design, bad at java. Some can make oak cabinets, but can't weld a seam together. Some can type nearly similar things into the same search engine, and not find something, where others type it ever so slightly different and find a treasure trove of information. So that being said... I do not search like you do, I do not know some sites you might, I may not even have all the answers... funny thing about being human, we're all different. So excuse me if I'm not you. With that, and your rather gloomy social skills, I believe I'm better off being nieve. Now, I shall again say thank you everyone. I have since accepted the answers given, and have moved on with alternative builds. I hope you (Sen-Mithrarin in particular,) can accept this response, I appoligize to anyone who's become upset with this odd tirade and I hope that some people can't just agree to disagree amicably. For myself, I find this issue answered, and closed.

Sincerely,
Griff ^..^/

Reactions: DriftinFool

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
No need to apologize. He does not deserve it. The whole point of forums is to share and seek info. If someone can't deal with people asking questions, then they need to get off the forums. That guy is just a miserable ass.

Reactions: Racemol