1.0.1: Spirit World villages have no villagers

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I find it uncanny that 4... 6... 7 villages have no villagers in newly rendered chunks. Still checking for more.
Plenty of hobgoblins, however.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Not loaded a new spirit world to test, but so far every village we found is empty.

Known Fix:
Skip trading with villager for ender eye and smuggle things in with traveler's belt.

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hobgoblins kill the villagers. I've had the little bastards attack the poor things right in front of me. They're on my kill list now if I find them anywhere near a village.

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
I understand this and appreciate the input, but there's none to attack. its not like these now 7 villages were chunk loaded prior to our appearance.

Edit: I just had an immense idea and it makes enough sense to bother me quite a bit. They nerfed villagers with hobgoblins. The mod may well want players to start witchery over there and craft the brew of flowing spirit (restricted to that dimension anyways) which will return with you to the overworld.

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed that the only hobgoblins I can trade with spawn near overworld villages. If they spawn elsewhere, they apparently simply don't function as traders. But I would question nerfing the villagers by killing them off, since there is a witchery-specific villager that trades various arthana-drops and stuff.
But if you're right, that is indeed disturbing. And possibly poor design, but that is merely my own opinion.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I have noticed that if villages spawn with any MFR sewage or sludge pits where the villagers will pathfind, that it destroys the village layout, as the MFR sludgepit apparently generates under village houses, thus erasing part of them. Happens mostly to modded buildings mostly although I've seen vanilla buildings affected similarly on occasion.

If the dumb villagers take a swim in a MFR pit there's a better than average chance they won't find a way out of it and thus kill themselves. IMHO, if this is a problem, damage from sewage and sludge should either be nerfed or turned off, if that is possible, or if not, the sewage and sludge itself should be removed from worldgen. Although, since MFR can produce mass amounts of villagers with an auto-spawner, it really shouldn't be a problem if you have sufficient powergen, to mass-produce villagers.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid