1.0.1: Reactor Coolant

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Got a new one, not sure if this has been fixed already in 1.0.2. Hell, not sure if this is even a bug, but I haven't been able to figure out what I might be doing wrong, so....

Attempting to build a reactor (Big Reactors) that's larger than the starting 3x3x3. Hence I went for a 5x5x5 to get enough room to throw some coolant in.
Now in Agrarian Skies 1.6, I was able to use Gelid Cryotheum by simply placing in the empty spaces. Then I sealed the top of the reactor and it worked just fine.
Now it appears that, in this version, the reactor doesn't recognize that sort of placement. As soon as I turned it on it started heating up much more than the AgSk one did, and I barely turned it off before it reached it's maximum heat.
I then tried pumping the cryotheum into the reactor through a coolant port I had added earlier. Not only will Ender IO liquid conduits not take the stuff from OpenBlocks tanks, but the transfer nodes from Extra Utilities won't pass them into the reactor either (though I ended up losing about 8000mb to some energy conduits it accidently got attached to because they were too close.....)

TLDR; Can't get coolant into the reactor in such a way it will recognize it, and can't pump it in period.

Edit; Turns out placing it manually works if you don't have coolant ports in the build. Still curious why I can't pump it in with them present.

Edit v2; This has suddenly started popping up since I got the reactor online. I am using it to power a mining laser from MFR, not sure if that's the issue:
[23:16:32] [Server thread/WARN] [IC2]: EnergyNet.removeTileEntity: appeng.tile.misc.TileInscriber@35050e9a (appeng.tile.misc.TileInscriber@35050e9a) doesn't match the registered te appeng.tile.misc.TileInscriber@43c2ad2, skipping

Mod & Version:
Big Reactors, Ender IO, Extra Utilities, OpenBlocks

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://pastebin.com/iaV49TWX

Can it be repeated:
Haven't reloaded to see, but I'd assume so.

Known Fix:

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
The coolant ports if added put the reactor in steam mode so it can run turbines. In that mode the reactor doesn't produce power just steam. Also, in that mode you have to pipe the steam to a turbine and the water out of the turbine back into the reactor. You will also need some water to get this process started. That is why you saw the temp. spike in the first version of the reactor there was no water being piped in.

As for the console log. It doesn't really hurt anything. But, I have that on my server as well.