1.0.1: Pack not starting up

_ratskin_

Jul 29, 2019
FIXED
Known fix:
Force update, it's in options at the top (Big button says "force update")

Version:

What is the bug:
Platform: Mac
Operating system: OS X v10.10 Yosemite
Java version: Java 8

Summary:
I downloaded the Direwolf20 modpack and clicked launch, then all the buttons greyed out, (like they normally do) the launcher window disappeared (It was still in the dock though) and a new java app opened, called "Launch" (like it normally does) then the FTB launcher in the dock disappeared and the new app also disappeared, I believe it crashed.

It has been repeated 5 times (doing the same steps as I have mentioned above). I have deleted the pack and re-downloaded it, it still has the same problem. I have also tried Direwolf20 1.7.10 v1.0.0, the bug continues. I have tried direwolf20 1.6.4 pack and it works like it should.

Log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/1a5dbbc0

I have tried it on another mac here are the results:
Platform: Mac
Operating system: OS X v10.9.5 Mavericks
Java version: Java 7
Summary:

I opened the launcher, it loaded fine, I found the Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack, click launch, the buttons greyed out, launcher window disappeared, new window opened called "launch" the window is black, I waited for a minute, Mojang screen showed, minecraft screen showed, works fine.
I have tried direwolf20 1.6.4 pack and it works the same

log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/0a9d4bea

_ratskin_

Last edited:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Go to the options and make sure that "show console" and "reopen launcher after....minecraft" are ticked now if you crash use the pastebin button in the console to post a log.

Reactions: _ratskin_

progwml6

Launcher Dev
Launcher Developer
Mod Developer
Nov 15, 2013
@_ratskin_ please click the force update button in options before you launch minecraft again

_ratskin_

Jul 29, 2019
@progwml6 I have looked in the FTB launcher under options and advanced options but can not find any thing that says "force update" or anything like it. Do you mean to look at the minecraft launcher?

Last edited:

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
In the FTB-Launcher there is the second tab "Options". Right on the top you have a long button titled : "Force Update ?". Just klick it.

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to do more testing if the FTB people need it
Well, just try to get some achievements in SSP, CSP, SMP and CMP. Guess how many issues you will find by trying this "simple" task. And I don't mean the "achievement not obtainable"-problems but rather what happens to world around you while you are working on it. Some worlds completely crash and become corrupted, some achievments just don't work as intended, some crafting-recipes are somehow changed so thats impossible the craft them even with auto-crafting systems (wich you won't get the achievement at all) and so on.
It just simply starts with the avoidable exceptions on startup before you even load up a world ... goes over to some "kinda random but seems like intended" and finaly ends at random crashes without any logs at all.

So you should ask for "Do you need help by fixing it?" as WE (the players) are "testing" enough, or at least it seems like it.

Headacher7

Jul 29, 2019
same problem kinda.... i run windows and it crashes whenever i load it.
the launcher loads, i click on direwolf20 1.7.10 pack... It loads fine until i get to the Mojang title screen, because it crashes...
ive tried re installing java, the ftb launcher, and minecraft... i did what you guys said above... everything i try just makes it worse...
if you know what to do plz answer
thx