1.0.1: No Emeralds

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

wildcar

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
There is no Emerald ore in Extreme Hills biome (probably in others too).
It seems that ore distribution changes reflected to emerald ore distribution somehow.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
For the first I tried to find emeralds in usual places (Extreme Hills, Layers 5-29, since there is no information about emerald ore distribution changes here) by mining. Nothing.
Then in a new world I put an Ender Quarry with huge boundaries, got a lot of stuff, but none of emerald.

Known Fix:
Only to get emeralds from villagers or with laser drill?
To be honest I found one in a nearby cave at a layer 25, but only one.

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
I got about a dozen from a mineshaft intersecting a ravine. I believe I was in the low 30s upper 20s.im currently working towards a bee to create them for me.

FInaldeath

Jul 29, 2019
Currently have my quarry setup in a mountain biome and at around the time it started getting alot of iron it also started getting a ton of emerald so i am guessing the emerald layers are roughly the same as iron.

wildcar

Jul 29, 2019
Finally, I've found emeralads.
My mistake was to search it in an "Extreme Hills" biome. There is none.
Emeralds can be found in an "Extreme Hill +" and "Extreme Hills M" biomes.
Also I found emeralds in a Crag, Highland, JadeCliffs and Mountain. Layers 5-29.
I didn't find emeralds in a Canyon, Moor, Glacier and all plain biomes.

Maybe it will help somebody.

Zephyr_

Jul 29, 2019
Botania makes villagers just DROP FREE EMERALDS... so if you put a couple above a hopper and a chest its free emeralds. hope this helps