1.0.1: Nasty (game killing) MFR / Mystcraft interaction

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Version:

What is the bug:
Debatable whether this is strictly a bug, but it's a nasty mod interaction which can potentially kill your server/client...

It's possible for Mystcraft ages to be created with Pink Slime (MFR) oceans. Since Pink Slime liquid likes to spawn Pink Slime mobs, the age very rapidly becomes filled with thousands of slimes, quickly bringing both your server and client to a standstill.

When this happened to me, my only option to continue playing was to edit my character save externally with NBTExplorer to move myself back to the overworld.

Mod & Version:
MFR, Mystcraft

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Repeatable, as long as Mystcraft decides to use Pink Slime for oceans, which is probably fairly uncommon.

Known Fix:
Only workaround that I can see is editing your save file externally to get yourself back to the overworld if you're unlucky enough to enter a Pink Slime ocean age. And ensure that age doesn't get loaded again.

I would suggest that Pink Slime be blacklisted as a possible ocean type.

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
This has always been true, just have to do a game rule (some sort of enforced measure) on it. I'm on a server that made the book binder uncraftable.