1.0.1: Koboldite incredibly common due to Ender Quarry bug

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
This is hard to explain, but two players on our server have reported obtaining 2000 to 3000 koboldite dust from quarrying in the Deep Dark. There is no other way they could have gotten it. One player made a new quarry 7x10 in the overworld without any upgrades and is still getting some.

Unable to personally repeat this and we haven't seen anything in single player tests.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Possibly

Known Fix:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how it's determined whether a hobgoblin mines something, or something else does? From previous descriptions, it sounds like some kind of effect ala the weakness III debuff from a bound sword (completely guessing here though). Could one of the ender quarry upgrades be accidentally applying that effect?

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
Hobgoblin must be given a pickaxe and a lead to mine. I just don't see a connection. Thanks for the thought.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Nooo, I mean when the block is spawned from the action of mining. The mining laser from MFR straight up spawns it into the world, mining it vanilla breaks the block and then spawns it.
But hobgoblins (with the correct setup) probably have a bit of code checking every few seconds whether or not they have mined a block, and if they have it would then run a bit of RNG to determine if the hobgoblin also gets some koboldite.
It sounds like the ender quarry is for some reason activating that same bit of code, at least in this case. Which makes me wonder how it was coded that an ender quarry, or one with a specific upgrade I suspect, would meet the prerequisites.

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
Ah I see what you mean, but although I can confirm hobgoblin are everywhere in the deep dark, I cannot say they were n the 7x10 OW test. I'll spawn some in and quarry over top of them.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hum. That would be a very silly way to get koboldite. XD
If that's not it though....
Does anyone know if koboldite only has a chance of being obtained with certain ore blocks (ie supported mods and vanilla iron, gold, etc.)? Because it could also be coded as such that, when an ore block is mined, it checks for the kobold itself along with the required setup. Which the ender quarry might be able to emulate somehow.
This would make more sense for this bug, but I really hope this isn't how it's coded. It would probably cause a bit more lag if the game was having to check every ore block mined just to make sure it wasn't supposed to be running this new piece of RNG.