1.0.1: Crashing 5 seconds after entering Mystcraft world

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
When I enter my Mystcraft world (with only a "Molten Glass" page), my game crashes a few seconds after the world is loaded in.

Mod & Version:
Mystcraft Version 0.11.0.00

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://pastebin.com/VdChsTsh

Can it be repeated:
Yes. Every time I log into the world it crashes a few seconds after I can move.

Known Fix:

Attachments

• crash-2014-11-18_15.33.34-server.txt
    35.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Would you please also post the crash report? From the console log you posted it should be located here:

C:\FTB\direwolf20_17\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2014-11-18_15.33.34-server.txt

Reactions: CrazyCoco

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my apologies, I completely forgot there were crash reports! It's been attached to this post and main post.

Attachments

• crash-2014-11-18_15.33.34-server.txt
    35.4 KB · Views: 61

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
OK so this is an error involving either a block you specified or a randomly picked block for you. The next bit will help narrow down where the problem is at. Do you know what age it was? Can you locate the age data file and upload somewhere I can take a look at it? Should be located in:

C:\FTB\direwolf20_17\minecraft\world\data

The file name would look something like agedata_10.dat. The number will change based on the age number.

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
After making a backup, I just removed the agedata_3 file from my game save, and when I loaded up my saved game it placed me in the Overworld at the original spawnpoint. I went back to my house, the descriptive book was there, and upon rightclicking it crashed. Testing to see if the game will crash again upon re-loading, and if I can somehow delete that book.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
OK, I did download the file and look at it. You can see that you just used a link panel and the molten glass page. Now look just below it. See the line "Symbols: 133 entries". I didn't expand that out but that is all the random pages mystcraft added because you didn't specify them. The more you specify into a book the less mystcraft will add on it own. There is no telling which of those 133 entries caused the crash.

The game would crash again because the world is already generated. You would need to delete the book, the age data file and the DIM_MYST3 folder that contains the bad world.

Screenshot%202014-11-18%2020.11.10.png

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I did download the file and look at it. You can see that you just used a link panel and the molten glass page. Now look just below it. See the line "Symbols: 133 entries". I didn't expand that out but that is all the random pages mystcraft added because you didn't specify them. The more you specify into a book the less mystcraft will add on it own. There is no telling which of those 133 entries caused the crash.

The game would crash again because the world is already generated. You would need to delete the book, the age data file and the DIM_MYST3 folder that contains the bad world.

Screenshot%202014-11-18%2020.11.10.png
Alright that makes sense. I just killed the book by burning it; I'll go make sure all of the extra files are deleted.

Thank you for clarifying that for me!

Yaeger

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem with 2 randomly generated worlds. In once case at least it had something to do with liquid pyrotheum blocks.

How am I going to get pages to generate better books, if I can't access an age with libraries? I think I found only 1 page in the overworld.

Update : I no longer have those worlds/files available. Next time it happens, I will save them.

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I would say post the crash logs here and provide a download link to the agedata file. That way the can be examined to see if it is a specific block type. Then we can report the bug to xcomp.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I had a similar problem this morning where entering a newly generated mystcraft world made my server crash in about a few seconds. It was a 'world tick' exception but I don't have any more details as I had to solve the problem by replacing the dimension with an earlier generated mystcraft dimension to be able to get out of the situation and I forgot to keep the logs.

I find it very hard to progress in Mystcraft. I have made 30 random ages so far and in all the ones that were stable enough to explore I tried to find as many libraries as I could find and I have yet to find a single biome controller, a void or flat terrain, any of the sun and moon pages and so on. I'm getting tons of 'block' and regular 'biome' pages though.