1.0.1: Broken mob spawning causes massive lags

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DinckelMan

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Noticed that some mobs spawn in a weird way, causing massive server/client lags.

Mobs affected:
Enderminy
Squid

Biggest amount of mobs in the same chuck recorded = 6537

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
It occurs randomly, but pretty often

Known Fix:
None

DinckelMan

Jul 29, 2019
After several re-loads the map finally loaded and i was able to log-in, but the chunks where mobs were located are now empty, laggy and wont let you enter in them

DinckelMan

Jul 29, 2019
That's exactly what I'm seeing. Same mob "wrong location" error, 100 of the same error every second

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a corrupted chunk, I just got done dealing with one of those.
The mobs aren't the issue in that case, they're just the only ones moving into the chunk that is currently broken. I suspect you might be seeing world holes nearby that don't go back to normal after relogging.

What I did was use MCEdit to delete the bad chunk, it actually appeared as though nothing was there already when I first loaded up the world into the editor. Then I used the selector tool to highlight the whole chunk, then deleted it. This caused the game to respawn that chunk when I logged back in, as if it was rebuilding the world from scratch for that chunk only. However, it didn't respawn the trees there, so if you have cheats enabled for your world, you may have to go back in and replant the whole place if you want it back to the way it was.

DinckelMan

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is back on 1.0.3 - Chunk refuses to load, too many squids. Not recognized by Opis
2c736f2a300880745aa549e745ca35a7.png

Last edited: