1.0.1: Blood Magic Teleposers

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Just checking here, teleposers are supposed to still work with a redstone signal, correct?

Because if so, the most basic ones appear to not be working at all. I have now tried moving several different things, vanilla and not, resetting the focus that binds the two, I have plenty of LP if that's now a thing, etc.

They are in the same dimension, that being the "Overworld", in the same chunk, and they still refuse to move anything I place above them.

Mod & Version:
Blood Magic: Alchemical Wizardry

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Haven't tried restarting yet, mostly because I had just done so when I decided to try these out.

Known Fix:

Jakalth

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm this happening. Thought I can't quite explain what is going on with this one. Sometimes the focus does not seem to get the correct coordinates when linking two different teleposers together. This causes the teleposers to not transfer items back and forth. For me though, it only happens on occasions while playing survival, and can be fixed by simply relinking the focus with the target teleposer. But in creative mode, this happens pretty much all the time. In fact, I have not been able to get the teleposers to work in creative, using the basic focus. I was thinking I was doing something wrong though.

The focus do not like to work properly if you are morphed. The difference in height causes all sorts of targeting issues in minecraft, not just for the teleposer foci.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying redstone torches/redstone dust together or just the torch. The coords displayed in the description for the focus seem to be correct.

Also the morph thing seems to mess with WAILA as well, because Waila will display the block you would be looking at if your size was normal, not the block your cursor may currently be on. So for instance, morphed as a raven and looking at a lapis block with a gold block on top of it, Waila will show me the gold block unless I'm a block below the lapis or more.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Confirmed to still be an issue in 1.0.3, sadly. Refuses to even swap dirt or wood planks.

Nahaniel

Jul 29, 2019
I used the Teleposer to get my TC Nodes into the base, Worked perfectly!
Use just a friggin lever and watch yout to link the Imbued pearl right -.-

Sometimes the Teleposition Focus links to 0,0,0...Just rightclick the Teleposer again, that should work.
AND when you put the Focus in a Teleposer, do it with an empty hand cause it will change the Link again!

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, and I have done and/or checked all of these things. The focus shows the correct coords, I have tried levers/redstone torches/redstone with a signal emitter/etc. I have tried both clicking on the second teleposer with and without the focus in hand, or even anything in hand for that matter. Basically I've used three different wikis to figure out what's being done wrong, but nothing seems to work.

Nahaniel

Jul 29, 2019
Strange, I use them since 1.0.1 and never had a problem with them (expect the 0,0,0 linking sometimes).

Normally i Rightclick the Focus on top of the "Arrival"-Teleposer and put it with an empty hand in the "Sending"-Teleposer and give this one a redstone pulse with a lever or Button...

So, here is a video from me using the Teleposer!Without sound and in crappy quality :D

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
The teleposer doesn't follow the normal redstone rules does it.
Every single thing I've seen has told me to just give it a redstone signal, not put the lever or what have you directly on the block. Ughhhhhhhhh
I'll try this tonight and see if that's what's wrong. But my god this thing needs an IKEA instruction sheet.

Update; Yup,that was the issue. I'm still annoyed though. :p

Last edited: