Closed 1.0.0: Witchery Vampire Ritual

Polloplay

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Hi, I've tried many to get Ellie to spawn so I can become a vampire, but the ritual will only say: "This does not seem correct"
I have tested it in single player with creative and on the server I am playing on, but I have never been able to spawn her.

Mod & Version:
Witchery 1.7.10-0.24.1

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
1 - Make the ritual. (Lay out the item)
2 - Get the chicken blood (Working)
3 - Right click with the goblet on the skull
4 - Get the message : "This does not seem correct"

Known Fix:

Polloplay

Jul 29, 2019
I just checked out the config and found out that by default the ritual is disabled on departed.
Why?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Vampirism is disabled in the pack for being too powerful, it's been mentioned over in the discussion thread for the pack that due to the way it makes you immune to damage pretty much nothing in AoA was actually a threat while you had which is obviously rather bad. So it was disabled so that mobs would still be proper threats to you.

Reactions: goreae

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Vampirism is disabled in the pack for being too powerful, it's been mentioned over in the discussion thread for the pack that due to the way it makes you immune to damage pretty much nothing in AoA was actually a threat while you had which is obviously rather bad. So it was disabled so that mobs would still be proper threats to you.
Pretty much this. Unless the mob has a fire attack, then they cannot kill you. You can defeat a skeletal army as a vampire with no armor and a bunch of stone swords with no problem. That pretty much nullifies the entire mod. Lycanthropy is much less powerful. You do a decent amount of damage as a wolf, you're fast with a decent jump height, but you can't use weapons and are not immune to fall damage, poison, fire, etc.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Not a bug, vampires are intentionally turned off. Sorry for not making it apparent, I forgot to add a note about it.

G

Gerell

Can some admin please make this more obvious? All of the vampire items are in game, yet you can't become one. It's very confusing to the players on my server.