1.0.0: start up Error while running launchMinecraft(): java.lang.NullPointerException

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Well, Java8 is not the problem as I am using Java8 and anything works perfect.
Btw : even if you have a 64Bit OS you need the 32Bit Java cause most browsers are 32Bit only so they need the 32Bit Java for JavaApplets and JavaWebStart.
Also there are many Java-Applications using native libs wich mostly 32Bit only. You need 32Bit Java for such applications, too.

I don't have 32 bit java and have not ran into any issues.

Messias

Jul 29, 2019
Okey. It's seems to work. I had to download it again and reinstall my java. And it's working. But i have to problem
1) REALLY LONG LOAD TIME in start up
2) LAGGING ass hell

i mean i don't have an alienware or an Asus republic of gamers
i have a n Asus x750j.
witch have: i7 (4 core + 4 logical) going to 2.5 --> 3.4 GHz
8 Gb Ram (1600 Mhz)
and an nVidia GT 740m (2Gb)

any tips or tricks?
p.s.: should i open a new topic for this?

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Okey. It's seems to work. I had to download it again and reinstall my java. And it's working. But i have to problem
1) REALLY LONG LOAD TIME in start up
2) LAGGING ass hell

i mean i don't have an alienware or an Asus republic of gamers
i have a n Asus x750j.
witch have: i7 (4 core + 4 logical) going to 2.5 --> 3.4 GHz
8 Gb Ram (1600 Mhz)
and an nVidia GT 740m (2Gb)

any tips or tricks?
p.s.: should i open a new topic for this?

It maybe related to journey map. Try disabling, I think in the config, mod radar or use Mapwriter or zan's. I would also install fastcraft.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Swapping out JourneyMap for Opis (should be included in the pack, just disabled by default) may help with some of your lagging issues, particularly if you are on a lower end machine and/or have HDDs rather than an SSD for your game.

Remember, JourneyMap actually writes out a lot of *.png files to your disk drive to show where you've been. Over time, particularly on slower or space-limited systems, this can become a performance concern.

Check your minecraft directory for journeymap\data\ and browse through the various subdirectories on there to see how many files get generated. In all but very small or new worlds, it can get large pretty quick.

Messias

Jul 29, 2019
0,5 Mb :)) a couple of pictures. And i turned off and still having the FPS issue. i mean some times i have 5-6 FPS/freeze and after a couple of seconds i have like 100+ Fps. than a other couple of seconds and it's drops again. idk what is going on... i tried to turn everything to minimum/off and still i have the same problem. and i bet that even do i buy an SSD hard *JUST FOR FREEKING MINECRAFT i will still have the same issue... but god knows Black Friday is near. That is going to be my less try xD

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Can you try a world with BiomesOPlenty disabled? Just to see if it makes a difference in your fps. Some people I know get a wierd stutter-lag on their machines when BoP or nearly any terrain-gen type mod like Natura's Redwood trees, or Roguelike Dungeons is running.

Messias

Jul 29, 2019
okey it help to turn of BoP now it's only drops to 10-12 FPS :)) any more tips & tricks

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
If you have clouds turned on, turn them off.

Options -> Video Settings -> Clouds: Off
Advanced OpenGL: Off
View Bobbing: Off
Anisotropic Filtering: Off
Render Distance: (can be reduced to 8-10 chunks, but I'd do that after trying everything else first)

Edit: Another mod that helps some people is Fpsplus. It is one of those "if it works, great, if it doesn't, oh well" sort of things. I can run it just fine along with fastcraft, but it would also be one of the first things to go if I started getting errors.

Brain dead moment. I thought I was loading Fpsplus, but it wasn't actually working. As was pointed out later on in this thread, it's a jarmod and doesn't work on current versions of Forge.

Remember, support can only really be valid for the unmodified mod pack. Adding/Deleting things to your pack pretty much throws a wrench into the support process. What may work for one person completely screws up someone else. So be careful with what you try, write down what you change so you can change it back if necessary, and try the small things first, like turning off clouds.

For me, I keep two copies of the pack. One that I've tweaked, and then a clean version that is straight from the launcher. That way I can compare the two easily, and if I find a bug in one version, I can see if it was fixed with my tweaks, or conversely, if I messed something up that works just fine in the base pack, I can change things back.

Last edited:

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Oops, you're right. It is in my list but doesn't actually load. *poof*, there goes a mod that doesn't help me.

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
boar really du smart-ass ? dir is schon klar das der letzte reply vor 2 monaten war ... und es auch nur ei thread-hijack war weil es hier ursprünglich um was ganz anderes ging ... und du depp hast es echt drauf dich mal zu reggen um thread-necromancing zu begehen ... dich sollte man gleich wieder bannen

bbah1025

Jul 29, 2019
"[09:09:43] [DEBUG] UpdateChecker.<init>:70: Launcher Install path: C:\Users\Gilad\Desktop\FTB_cracked_1.4.3.jar"

Well .. you should be smart enough to hide such informations.
I will report you due to using cracked client ... await to get bannend.
figured id point out a few key things that your post shows stupidity about: 1 cracked accounts dont use the mc servers nor can they get on premium servers so they cant be banned. 2 the code in that specific cracked launcher and for that matter all cracked launchers changes nothing about how the launcher runs java or the packs hence the error is for official not just cracked ..aka cracked changes auth token code to not need premium.. stupidity is no excuse for ignorance ..also back 6 months ago you couldnt use ftb official launcher offline bc it forced a reauth with every launch so if u were on a laptop away from home with no wifi u couldnt play ssp.. i have a premium and a cracked because of this.. even now ftb has slight issues launching offline

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
You create a new account to necro a post over three months old to get on a soapbox on the topic of cracked accounts?

/headdesk