Closed 1.0.0: Lootable bodies

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Had this issue too. It was on a server (hasn't happened yet in single player), the server probably didn't have lag because it was new, I could see my body, but couldn't open it or hit it, couldn't see the hitbox either. This happened on 2 occasions.

That is a different, temporary issue. I had it happen to me once, all I did was walk away and do something else for a few seconds, when I came back I could loot it.

Krashino

Jul 29, 2019
Its happened to me, noticed it happens a lot around Bedrock level and before a crash as well.
I've had my Body disappear completely a few times, as well as my body spawn completely empty.
Even broke the body to see if it was a visual glitch, the items were just gone.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Mobs don't seem to attack the corpse, I died a few times to mobs and they left it alone. I took a look in the config and the only option on is damaged by weapons, so I'm not even sure they could hurt them if they tried. Also it looks like if you break a corpse with items in it, the items pop out, so at worst our items should still be hanging around the place we died as usual. I think what might be happening is the corpses are just falling through the world, some people say they find them in caves below where they died, others that they lose their stuff more often around bedrock, so I'm guessing they are sometimes spawning "in the ground" and falling through the world until they hit an opening with a platform to land on, or just falling into the void if they don't hit one. Or they just look for an open are below to spawn in, and don't exclude the void.

Edit: Also it looks like corpses sometimes spawn invisible or something and might show up if you reload the game. I died while building part of my base yesterday and couldn't find the corpse anywhere, I loaded up the game today and the corpse was just sitting in the middle of the floor in an area I couldn't have possibly missed.

Last edited:

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
Dying to that flying guy that lobs bombs at you has deleted everything but ticon from the corpse on many occassions, multiplayer.

OrdinaryGuy1

Jul 29, 2019
Killed by goblin in water. Corpse unlootable in water but I could move it around. Dropped sand around and then on to slowly lift corpse to surface thinking it was loot-in-water issue....no luck. Got corpse to surface and is non-clickable and non attackable... but can move it around by passing through it.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I've changed it so corpses don't take damage from attacks. You'll have to use a shovel to kill them, or they will decay by themselves after an hour.

Please open a new issue if this keeps happening.

OrdinaryGuy1: I'm unable to replicate your issue. Please open a new thread if it keeps happening to you.