1.0.0: Entering the Nether for First Time Murdered the Framerate (Solved by Relaunching)

Gemini000

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
To put it simply, the very first time I entered the nether in my new SSP world, I waited a minute and a half on the Downloading Terrain screen before I finally got into the Nether... sort of. I was floating in limbo with no world around me, falling on the Y axis as though the client was ready but the server wasn't, but it allowed me to quit the world. Shutting down the internal server took several times longer than usual. Upon entering the world again without restarting Minecraft, I managed to finally get into the Nether, but my framerate was about 1 frame every 3 to 5 seconds. I managed to get out of the Nether but my framerate wouldn't come back, plus it had now generated a new overworld portal and spawned me from there instead.

In terms of system specs, I have a 4 GHz system and 16 GB of RAM with 8 GB allocated to FTB, a GeForce 660 GTX video card and nearly half a TB of HD space free on a lightning fast WD Black HD. I did recently enable the FTB option for "Use Optimization Arguments for Fast Computers" in case that might have something to do with it. I also haven't updated to Java 1.8 yet either; still running 1.7.0_21 64-bit, in case that also might have something to do with it. OS is Windows 8.1 Pro.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes, however, it seems to be related to how long the game's been running for and seems to be related to changing dimensions, not the creation of the Nether itself.

Known Fix:
Quit Minecraft entirely and restart before re-loading the world and the framerate issues disappear and the Nether can be travelled to without further issues... at least until you try changing dimensions again after playing for awhile. (Changing dimensions immediately after starting Minecraft causes no issues.)

Last edited: