1.0.0: Disposal Track not craftable

blay09

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
The Disposal Track from Railcraft is not craftable, as it requires a Steel Plate, which can only be gotten through a Rolling Machine, which is disabled.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
  1. Attempt to craft a Disposal Track
  2. Realize you have no way of getting a Steel Plate

Known Fix:

ledzilla

Jul 29, 2019
I've been researching and asking around about this very thing, albeit not concerning this particular track type. There are quite a few things not craftable that require components made with the rolling machine. This does not occur in FTBInfinity, and it uses the same version of Railcraft. The only suggestion I've received is to copy the config files over from FTBInfinity to Vanilla+. I already tried doing that prior to the suggestion with no luck. I'm hoping your post here will garner some useful results.

blay09

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Vanilla+ disables the Rolling Machine by design. They just forgot to provide alternate recipes for some of the tracks. I believe Bashful_Giant was putting together a list of all of them to hand them over to the Modpack team.

ledzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to a thread that I had started previously to finding this one, I got a response that provides a solution.

There are two scripts in the "scripts" folder that remove the items in question: NEI.zs and RecipeRemoval.zs. Disabling the scripts entirely or altering them could resolve your issue. There's a third script, CustomRecipes.zs, that changes the recipe for the steam locomotive. I'd be willing to bet you can add your own changes there to provide an alternate recipe for the disposal track if you don't want to tinker with the other two files.