1.0.0: Chemical Crystalizer can't be emptied

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
The "clear" button is missing from the input tank of the chemical crystalizer. What this means is that if you put the wrong fluid into the input tank, want to change fluids, or you run out of the fluid and there's a little left in the tank, there is literally no way of removing it. Even breaking the block doesn't help, as the machine retains the memory of it's contents. The only way to continue is to build a new one each time it happens. I didn't know if I should post this here or with Mekanism, but for the purpose of the FTB team tracking it, I figured I'd post it here.

Mod & Version:
Mekanism 8.1.3.231

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
yes even on creative. Just get a filled gas tank and put some into a chemical crystalizer, then try and find a way to remove the gas from the input tank.

Known Fix:

Reactions: buggirlexpres
D

Deleted member 280794

You can use the "Gauge Dropper" from Mekanism. If you open the GUI for the Chemical Cystalizer, then drag the gauge dropper over the input tank, and left click, it should move a small amount into the gauge dropper. You can then either move it to another Chemical crystalizer, or if you shift right click with it in the air, it will empty the contents completely.

Reactions: 1 person

Marker248

Jul 29, 2019
I think the bug stems from the fact that sometimes at the end of a run, there is not enough clean slurry to complete a whole crystal. For example, I just used the gauge dropper to clear 124mb from the machine and all of a sudden the entire process started up again.
While the machine was running i noted that the clean slurry level always goes down by 200mb for every crystal. If the author can ensure the clear button works then this wont be an issue I suspect, you can clear any leftovers out of the machine and continue making ingots.